Playing UNC

Southcane

Senior
Will tell us a lot more about our team. We know our guys can fight through adversity and play best when behind. But what will they do when they are the heavy favorite on the road playing a lousy team that everybody say they will roll over? What will they do when they are ahead? We hope that they will score at least 40 on those losers. But will they? Will they still play very hard with focus and discipline knowing they are playing a 1-7 team? I know Richt and the staff will try their best to get this team play the same way every game but human nature is human nature, especially with 18-21 years old guys..
Let's see how mature our guys are on Saturday.

Advertisement
Really stupid premise . Who the **** cares how mature the team is ?? We are gonna go into Nov undefeated not having lost a game in over a year. Just win ! ESPN and all the rest ain't gonna suddenly get on board cuz we *** rape 1-9 since that's apparently what matters to u...

Really stupid premise . Who the **** cares how mature the team is ?? We are gonna go into Nov undefeated not having lost a game in over a year. Just win ! ESPN and all the rest ain't gonna suddenly get on board cuz we *** rape 1-9 since that's apparently what matters to u...

LOL Okay genius.

I disagree. It’s not about ESPN’s opinion.
Taking care of business when the game isn’t in the balance is not something the team has shown yet. They’ll need to learn it, and this game should be a lesson.

Last year Miami lost 3 of the 4 in October by 10 points total. This year those close October games are wins by 12 points total. With respect, I don't care about UNC other than a W. Beating VT and ND will get the respect, winning the ACCCG will get the nod to the playoffs. Just need the win, I don't think puppy kicking UNC will change the media's view.

Advertisement

Taking care of business when the game isn’t in the balance is not something the team has shown yet. They’ll need to learn it, and this game should be a lesson.

Why do they need to learn that? Seriously why?

All that matters is winning.

Look at Auburn in 2014. They went to the NC with 3 buzzer beating "miracle" wins and most of their games being very close. Just win

Last year Miami lost 3 of the 4 in October by 10 points total. This year those close October games are wins by 12 points total. With respect, I don't care about UNC other than a W. Beating VT and ND will get the respect, winning the ACCCG will get the nod to the playoffs. Just need the win, I don't think puppy kicking UNC will change the media's view.

I agree winning is all what counts. It's not about by how much. But it's just one of the traits of championship caliber team is to play hard every game regardless who the team plays. This is what our championship teams did in the past.

Why do they need to learn that? Seriously why?

All that matters is winning.

Look at Auburn in 2014. They went to the NC with 3 buzzer beating "miracle" wins and most of their games being very close. Just win

Because it’s similar to playing with a lead, it’s having the killer instinct. Yes you need to be able to win the close ones, and they’ve established that. But when you have another team down, do you step on their throat and end the game in the first half? Or do you **** around the field, let them back in the game, and leave a certain amount of the game to chance, or worse, the refs?

Advertisement
Pretty sure these guys are playing with the feeling that nobody respects them and that nobody likes Miami in the media. Should keep them a little extra focused I would think

Terrible post is terrible.

Let's make those ***ers pay for this!!!! Udick.0.jpg

Advertisement
Let's make those ***ers pay for this!!!!View attachment 52564

D Jackson mentioned something about UNC disrespecting us the last couple years. Has to be what he was talking about.

Hopefully this is just an ADDITIONAL motivation. Just being on the filed alone should be motivation to play lights out. That's of course if you want to be a dominant champion. Case in point, late Sean Taylor. He was playing in a meaningless game but still did this:
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back