Playing in space

Bicho

Sophomore
Banned
Scheme or players miami is awful at playing defense in space. They miss tackles left and right and 1 yard gains turn to 6 yard gains and 5 yard gains have turned to 10 yard Gains way to often the last 4 years.

The coaches deserve blame, period.

BUT to keep showing screenshots of how the defense lines up against the spread may be unfair. watching Nebraska line up on D they don't have any more in the box than miami.

With superior athleticism the biggest difference in the game last week between the 2 teams was tackling in space.

I wonder what would have happened if our linebackers were Eddie Johnson, paul, and do 52 rather than what we are putting out there there right now.

I still agree there is a big coaching issue too regardless.

Advertisement
Two many one on one's . You know what eliminates miss tackles? Gang tackling, something we used to be known for, something foreign to Golden And No D

BUT to keep showing screenshots of how the defense lines up against the spread may be unfair. watching Nebraska line up on D they don't have any more in the box than miami.

The teams were running completely different offenses so comparing how the defenses lined up makes zero sense.

tumblr_m9h9uxoC2Y1rratqao1_400.gif

Bicho is still blaming the players? Gionni Paul was here and never had a game like he did this weekend for Utah. EJ was here and our defense still gave up a **** ton of yards.

Bicho should stick to saying "Bicho is here"

Advertisement
Scheme or players miami is awful at playing defense in space. They miss tackles left and right and 1 yard gains turn to 6 yard gains and 5 yard gains have turned to 10 yard Gains way to often the last 4 years.

With superior athleticism the biggest difference in the game last week between the 2 teams was tackling in space.

I wonder what would have happened if our linebackers were Eddie Johnson, paul, and do 52 rather than what we are putting out there there right now.

The teams were running completely different offenses so comparing how the defenses lined up makes zero sense.

Part of modern college football is dealing with the spread. They may have been running every play but they do it out of shotgun 3 wide. The second you lineup to stack the box they audible to we screen.

I'm not blaming the players because after 4 years it's time to **** or get off the pot.

But I don't think stuffing the box by itself fixes things.

So you're advocating putting the defense at a two man disadvantage against teams with running QBs?

You liked letting an offense have numbers on the defense inside the box on every down, while playing two deep to "respect" a QB whose strength is not passing?

Two many one on one's . You know what eliminates miss tackles? Gang tackling, something we used to be known for, something foreign to Golden And No D

Meh. You don't get gang tackling very often outside the hashes. When you don't set the edge, you get one on ones. Like the other 10 guys, you have to whip the guy in front of you.

Advertisement

Part of modern college football is dealing with the spread. They may have been running every play but they do it out of shotgun 3 wide. The second you lineup to stack the box they audible to we screen.
And yet somehow mcneese state was able to figure it out better than golden and Doritos did and managed to give up less yards and points and almost won the game.

Honestly against a non pass team I'm selling out to crash the pocket and stop the run until 3rd and long when I exotic blitz.

So you're advocating putting the defense at a two man disadvantage against teams with running QBs?

You liked letting an offense have numbers on the defense inside the box on every down, while playing two deep to "respect" a QB whose strength is not passing?

We played 2 deep 10 of 70 plays against Nebraska.

Advertisement

We played 2 deep 10 of 70 plays against Nebraska.
Does it really matter if it was one out of seventy or fifty out of seventy. Fact is they did the same thing over and over and we never adjusted. We don't maximize our players talents and the coaches blame the kids every chance they get. These coaches are incompetent at best.

And yet somehow mcneese state was able to figure it out better than golden and Doritos did and managed to give up less yards and points and almost won the game.

North Texas the samething the year we both played K state

Advertisement

Meh. You don't get gang tackling very often outside the hashes. When you don't set the edge, you get one on ones. Like the other 10 guys, you have to whip the guy in front of you.
Outside the hash? They were running the **** Ball with the QB or the RB. How about u stop the play before it develops. Like shooting into the backfield and blowing up running plays or sacking the QB. We are still allowed to do those things right?

Outside the hash? They were running the **** Ball with the QB or the RB. How about u stop the play before it develops. Like shooting into the backfield and blowing up running plays or sacking the QB. We are still allowed to do those things right?

That's why I said setting the edge.

I got into it with a mouthbreather on facebook who said it wasnt on the coaches to teach tackling, that they should of been taught how to tackle in pop warner and wouldnt of made it this far if they didnt know how to

Hrm, I dunno, did Eddie look better at CB than Armbrister?

Advertisement
Back