Players on social media

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back a few months ago Manny had some social media PR consultant nerd come speak to the team about using twitter to market themselves as individuals. While it makes sense to maximize what precious few resources a college player has at their disposal, operating that way contradicts any message about putting the team first. The culture at Miami is so broken and it's just another example of why social media is the devil.

What do they have to tweet about.we lost end of story.what kind of character does our team have now is it gonna fold now.or is it gonna get ****ed and do what's necessary to take the next step.

Back a few months ago Manny had some social media PR consultant nerd come speak to the team about using twitter to market themselves as individuals. While it makes sense to maximize what precious few resources a college player has at their disposal, operating that way contradicts any message about putting the team first. The culture at Miami is so broken and it's just another example of why social media is the devil.
Manny kind of punching himself in the **** with that one I guess.

Advertisement
I get what your trying to get at but what do you want them to do? Keep crying? We gotta move on or losses like this will do what they've done in the past, avalanche.

They are talking about the effort they gave.. not dancing in the locker room like FSU was doing last year.

Advertisement
Deejay is different. He will be sorely missed after this year
Spoken like a leader. I think sometimes we forget but that’s an extremely young offense that was playing out there outside of a few guys. They are going to keep getting better and better with more experience. As long as we got guys like Dallas who seems to get it we will be fine

Part of Manny's job is to arm them with tools for life after college. As players with aspirations of playing professionally using twitter like this is smart and necessary. It's just a double-edged sword unfortunately as evidenced by this thread and some of the comments left by people responding to their tweets.

Advertisement

I feel you. But I won’t blame it on the consultant. They still could of used social media in a way that encouraged each other after the loss as well as the fan base and if done correctly could have helped their brand. However, this is just a selfish mindset.

Advertisement
Back