Players lifting numbers?

hurcanes

Sophomore
When will we see these. The last couple of years we have heard how we went from 2 players benching over 225 30 times to 15 players or whatever it is. Did this already come out or is this going to be coming out soon?

Advertisement
All I know is that the strength numbers were very much improved in 2012 but we still looked like a pop warner team out there. I'm still waiting for UTOUGH to pay dividends.

We looked significantly better conditioned than in past years and under the previous regime. Not to bring it up. We were young/bad on defense and looked small in the front 7. Offense looked fine to me, I've liked the physical progress made the past 2 seasons. I think our S&C, if on the grounds of just pure morale alone, is improved. We still had gas in the fourth quarter. I'd like to see us run more and give the d-line a breather because we still don't have to the depth to give Chick, Porter, or Pierre much rest.

Advertisement
We looked significantly better conditioned than in past years and under the previous regime. Not to bring it up. We were young/bad on defense and looked small in the front 7. Offense looked fine to me, I've liked the physical progress made the past 2 seasons. I think our S&C, if on the grounds of just pure morale alone, is improved. We still had gas in the fourth quarter. I'd like to see us run more and give the d-line a breather because we still don't have to the depth to give Chick, Porter, or Pierre much rest.

Golden has said repeatedly that the gameplans last season were nothing like his conventional/typical approach.

He has followed that statement by saying that he now feels comfortable running the team the way he wants and no longer feels like the personnel is not capable or prepared to play his style.

I expect this years squad to look much different. I think we will dictate the tempo of the game with our offense and be able to play aggressively on both sides of the ball.

The results this season are important and anything less than 9 wins is a failure but, this is the first season where I feel like we will walk away from wins and losses feeling that the Coaches and Players performed to the best of their abilities. For years we have watched our boys lose games they had no business losing and had to go through the Monday morning QB back and forth about player mistakes and coaching mistakes. If we lose this season it'll be because the opposing team was flat out better than us. Those are tough losses but, they are much easier to deal with.

Advertisement
Back