Players in a spread offense?

dolpterry

Freshman
For all the knowledgeable football guys. Just how much of a spread concept can be installed before game 1 next year? Is a spread concept easier or harder to learn then what Enos ran? And finally which group of players will have the hardest learning curve? Share your knowledge please!

Advertisement
If they can learn a playbook they can learn the spread offense by the start of the year, it is not a very complicated offense. The main learning curve is getting a good Oline coach in here who can teach some technique to our Olinemen, because they have no clue what they are doing. QBs who have never played in a spread offense before in high school may struggle a little initially. Not sure if Perry or Williams ever played in a spread in high school, but Martell has played in a spread so I actually think he may have another crack at the starting QB job.

I only watched one game, but it looks like basic route concepts out of lots of different looks. I think it should be fairly easy to learn. Question is whether we have the dudes to run it.

players shouldn’t have a problem learning this playbook. Spread far more for simple then Enos playbook.

Advertisement
Our players seemingly struggle to learn a route tree with any sight adjustments..luckily this install should not be too difficult. Especially for our WRs, QBs and oline

Advertisement
For all the knowledgeable football guys. Just how much of a spread concept can be installed before game 1 next year? Is a spread concept easier or harder to learn then what Enos ran? And finally which group of players will have the hardest learning curve? Share your knowledge please!

I think Yost summarizes the spread philosophy well.

"I'm into monotonous. I want them to get tired of doing it. ... We don't coach the exceptions. We coach what we're going to see 85 percent of the time. We do six things 10,000 times. We don't do 10,000 things six times."

The playbook should be fairly easy to learn compared to a pro style offense. It sounds like it would be simple to stop an offense with 6 plays, but consider how difficult it would be to defend a high tempo, no huddle offense that could run any 1 of 6 different plays out of the exact same formation.

I think Yost summarizes the spread philosophy well.

"I'm into monotonous. I want them to get tired of doing it. ... We don't coach the exceptions. We coach what we're going to see 85 percent of the time. We do six things 10,000 times. We don't do 10,000 things six times."

The playbook should be fairly easy to learn compared to a pro style offense. It sounds like it would be simple to stop an offense with 6 plays, but consider how difficult it would be to defend a high tempo, no huddle offense that could run any 1 of 6 different plays out of the exact same formation.
this is a phucking great quote everything Miami wasn't this year

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back