Players gotta make plays.

Jonnyblaze

Junior
Premium
Easy to blame coaches, and they deserve their share, but at some point players gotta make the plays. WR’s with several massive drops. Perry lowballs a throw to a Jordan that gets tipped and would’ve been 6. Harley fumbles a punt. Fumbled snap that put your D back on the field after they were just on for a ton of minutes. And that screen to Chaney late in the 4th was going for a huge gain if not 6, but couldn’t execute. Plays to win the game were there.

Advertisement
Easy to blame coaches, and they deserve their share, but at some point players gotta make the plays. WR’s with several massive drops. Perry lowballs a throw to a Jordan that gets tipped and would’ve been 6. Harley fumbles a punt. Fumbled snap that put your D back on the field after they were just on for a ton of minutes. And that screen to Chaney late in the 4th was going for a huge gain if not 6, but couldn’t execute. Plays to win the game were there.

agreed. Lots of plays left out on that field tonight. Refs didn’t help but **** the drops, that missed screen to Chaney, couple bad passes by Kosi on the last two drives, Hall and Smith standing around in defense. Just brutal lose that should have never happened.

can’t find one guy to field a punt. So much lost yards by us not having a functioning person back there

Agree it was a team loss but why are Pope/Wiggins still out there. That's on the coaches. Smith and Redding have flashed some talent. PLAY THEM

Saban went to a true fresh QB in national champ game instead of his starting junior QB. Manny out here trotting out Wiggins/Pope after 3 year of **** play and no progress.

Advertisement
The passes that Kosi misthrew he was usually running for his life as the protection broke down and Gaynors sorry *** snapped it low so Perry could not see the blitz as he was trying to handle a low snap. This happened multiple times.

This is the second level, talent only gets you so far. It takes motivation, dedication and good instruction. The latter is necessary and affects the former.

Advertisement
It’s called recruiting blue chip kids this is why im for the T rob for cord . He can recruit blue chip kids and he can’t be worse then Diaz and blake

Advertisement
It's going to be probably the worst game to review I've ever had to do. We got stomped by Clemson/UNC and that isn't fun to watch again, but what really hurts me is watching the self-inflicted wounds against teams we are better than. Miami was a much better team than Oklahoma State and literally couldn't stop dropping the ball, grabbing WR's in coverage, or committing silly penalties.

Coaches didn't have them ready to play, which also sucks, but the just simple drops will hurt so much to relive because if we just make one of the plays we probably win.

Players have shown they cannot be counted on. Coaches have given them chance after chance. That’s on the coaches. Only thing I can see the coaches trying to do is use this season as a tryout for Wiggins and Pope. So going into the off season they can start fresh with the young guys and all but tell them two to kick rocks.

I wholeheartedly agree with this thread and it’s been my go to refrain whenever I watch our team play basically the last 10 years. Our guys don’t make plays when their number is called. However, when I evaluate things holistically I ask if the scheme and coaching puts our guys in position to make plays or not. That’s why I’m not as down on Lashlee as others. His guys had chances to make game changing plays tonight and didn’t. I get more frustrated when our guys don’t get many chances at all to make plays. That’s why I’m dropping this game on the defense

Advertisement
Who keeps putting BUM *** Pope and Wiggins out there

Easy to blame coaches, and they deserve their share, but at some point players gotta make the plays. WR’s with several massive drops. Perry lowballs a throw to a Jordan that gets tipped and would’ve been 6. Harley fumbles a punt. Fumbled snap that put your D back on the field after they were just on for a ton of minutes. And that screen to Chaney late in the 4th was going for a huge gain if not 6, but couldn’t execute. Plays to win the game were t
Don't forget the Penalties.

Advertisement
Back