Player you can't believe didn't do something special in the NFL?

I thought Mike James had a balanced enough skill set to be atleast a solid rotational player, showed out for Bucs in limited action IIRC. Mark Ingram type guy

Advertisement
Tracy Howard was supposed to be a beast. No. 1 HS CB in the nation, had 4 INT's as a Sophomore, then just fell off.

Tyriq McCord too, looked good as a Freshman then never really developed.

Advertisement
Dan Morgan and Colin McCarthy both were takleling machines at the ✋🤚 But just couldn’t get it done in the pro’s weather it be due to injuries or lack of productivity. I really thought they would be the next great linebacker out of the ✋🤚.

Dan Morgan? Lmao ok

Some of the players that some posters put on here actually had solid NFL careers. One of them is Kellen Winslow II who had about 500 catches and over 5000 yards receiving plus I think made a couple of pro bowls. He messed up a possible Hall of Fame career by messing up his leg really bad in the motorcycle accident. I think he had to go in a few times because it caught staph infection of some sort up in Cleveland when they were having all those players getting staph infections.

Winslow don't need to mentioned here. Sure his career would have been better had he played on better teams but you can say that for a lot of guys. A lot of these guys secretly hate him for that soldier comment and claiming he disrespected real soldiers which is dumb as ****.

Allen Bailey. Solid player, but I thought he would be All Pro caliber. All the coaches raved about him when he was down there.

Advertisement
Another name that comes to mind is Sean Spence. Loved him at the U. Thought he would flourish in Pitts system

Andre Wadsworth
Derek Brown (TE from Notre Dame)

UM: Tremain Mack - HOF ability. One of the best athletes ever at UM, bar none. I think that the alcohol demons derailed him.

Advertisement
Not a cane... But Charles Rogers

I wasn't high on him at all. A lot of people got sucked in by the Moss comparisons. That was sacrilegious, though. They weren't similar at all.

Plus, he shined in a conference that, at that time, lacked speed.

As for Reggie Bush, he played in a conference with dreadful defenses. Just dreadful.

I remember telling a buddy at the time that I liked the UCLA duo (Drew & Lewis) better than the USC duo (Bush & Williams). Almost all of those USC players were overrated as pro prospects.

Advertisement
Man some of you guys are rough. Some of these names are of players who don't feel like they left anything to be desired yet most people on here do! They had a decent NFL career, got a few checks, and now are moving on with their life. Average NFL career is 4 years. Most of the names on here hit that threshold and even more.

I think PBuch did what he was suppose to do. He had a 10+ NFL career IIRC and is now out the game, doing well in the tech app industry, and is healthy. He won at life. Whats the problem? Everytime I see an interview of him it seems like life is great!

We have been spoiled to have Sapp, Reed, Lewis and probably RWayne, Gore and Andre coming up next as HOFers in this generation alone! FSU and UF cant even touch that! Neither can mighty Bama! Everyone isn't going to be a HOF. Lets just hope all of these guys saved their money somewhat and can live a healthy, CTE free life.

That said I wont spoil the thread so ill play and say the UM player I thought was going to be a NFL superstar and didn't pan out was probably Jerome McDougle. From "back in the day" you would have to go with the Lamar Thomas/Horace Copeland tandem. Neither of them made it really. And they were college rock stars in their time.

Non Cane..... Peter Warrick. (First one that comes to mind) Cane.....Erick Flowers. He's awful now.

Advertisement
Back