Player you can't believe didn't do something special in the NFL?

I thought Dorial Green Beckham was gonna be alot like Calvin Johnson coming out of highscool... then college happened

Advertisement
Advertisement
For the Canes I'll say Bill Hawkins. He seemed like such a lanky pass rushing terror on those mid '80s teams. Many big sacks. I think he had the huge loss on Penn State's first snap of the Fiesta Bowl.

My college buddies were big Rams fans and excited when they picked Hawkins in the first round. Then for years when I would see them from Las Vegas they'd ask me what the heck was going on with Hawkins. I'd shrug and say I had no idea. Maybe he wasn't as explosive as he looked. These days the key measures at defensive end are well known, like short shuttle and vertical jump. But in that era it was all subjectivity, and some big errors.

Overall I would identify Tony Hunter, the Notre Dame tight end from the early '80s. I thought he would be Hall of Fame caliber but did nothing. Hunter was part of that famous 1983 draft and was picked ahead of some big names like Kelly and Marino. Hunter was actually the Bills' first pick, going 12th while Kelly was taken 14th.

Another of my two choices. I was in hog heaven when my Rams picked him and Bill Hawkins both in the first round, both let me down. Cleveland Gary looked like he was in the NFL against Michigan in the Big House, **** I loved having him in the backfield and even better catching a pass out of the backfield!

Najeh Davenport was my other disappointment, another victim of the knee-hunting OSU defense that took him out in Giants Stadium in the kickoff classic, then 4 years later they do it to Willis McGahee, total POS is tOSU!
Gary was a perfect fit for the Dolphins but the Dolphins took Sammy Smith who would've been a perfect fit for Rams...The Rams needed a pure runner, the Fins a versatile back...

Advertisement
No mention of Clive Walford...dude broke UM TE receiving record and straight ****E the bed. As a Raiders fan I was through the roof over him being picked,turned out to be a straight JAG..now hes backing up Herndon on the Jets.

Advertisement
No mention of Clive Walford...dude broke UM TE receiving record and straight ****E the bed. As a Raiders fan I was through the roof over him being picked,turned out to be a straight JAG..now hes backing up Herndon on the Jets.
[/QUOTEyou never lied.....waaaaaay more famine than feast with the raiders...

For me it's easily philip buchanan

guy was INSANE playing here and I thought for sure the man was gonna be in the hall of fame. For the people that followed his career can anyone point out what happened? I know he a season or two where he was lighting it up on the punt returns and I thought "ok here he comes"
Easy. Steve Walsh. I thought the dude had all of the intangibles to he a lock as a stud QB in the NFL.

Go Canes!!!!!

Advertisement
But for me, Sean Spence is definitely high up on my list, along with Brandon Streeter, I was sure he was gonna be a steal. And for some reason I always like Colin Mcarthy, always wanted him to be great

But for me, Sean Spence is definitely high up on my list, along with Brandon Streeter, I was sure he was gonna be a steal. And for some reason I always like Colin Mcarthy, always wanted him to be great
Sean Spence had a horrific knee and leg injury in rookie preseason. Honestly was lucky to make it back from the nerve damage and end up playing some years in the league. Got paid for 6 NFL seasons.

Advertisement
Back