Player regression

GOCanes4420

Freshman
Honestly cannot think of any team that has had player regression of this magnitude. It’s literally almost top to bottom. 2 players who appear to have improved from last year is 56 and Rivers. Kinchens has at least held his own from last year. Almost the entire team has regressed but a few players REALLY stand out. A Williams looks like he’s high out there. Jake Garcia in Spring last year looked light years better than he is now. Knighton, Harrison Hunte, the list literally goes on and on. Is this explainable in any way other than a massive coaching failure? Did players just revolt on the staff early on?

Advertisement
We've had so many injuries this year, too. **** near every starter has been hurt at some point this year.

We've had so many injuries this year, too. **** near every starter has been hurt at some point this year.
Not on d. The only injury was Mesidor and I think he’s missed 2 games. Everyone else on d has been healthy.

Honestly cannot think of any team that has had player regression of this magnitude. It’s literally almost top to bottom. 2 players who appear to have improved from last year is 56 and Rivers. Kinchens has at least held his own from last year. Almost the entire team has regressed but a few players REALLY stand out. A Williams looks like he’s high out there. Jake Garcia in Spring last year looked light years better than he is now. Knighton, Harrison Hunte, the list literally goes on and on. Is this explainable in any way other than a massive coaching failure? Did players just revolt on the staff early on?
It's on the coaching. I'm not as down on the defense as most on here are but the regression on offense has been dramatic.

Advertisement
We had better safety play from the likes of kacy rodgers and Robert Knowles than we have gotten from literally 2 #1 in the nation ranked safety’s in the Williams’
**** Aj Highsmith ****ting on half these mfs. I could have swore I saw Gurvan out there today.

This is what happens when players are not well coached.

First the players lose intensity
Then discipline goes out the window
Resulting in more mistakes, more drops, more penalties, missed assignments
Apathy sets in and you see what you saw tonight

The season was over 5 weeks ago. It seems even Mario has just taken this year as a mulligan.

Feld needs to feed these boys Milk. Weak *** bones.

Frankly, I surprised we haven't heard that one of our Primadonna's players has a season-ending injuring from shanking their knee doing a TikTok dance for likes. This would be the year to do some bull**** like that.

Player regression is truly scary. We've talked for years about lack of player development at UM but I've never seen a year like this where literally no one aside from maybe 1-2 players improved and a significant amount look worse.

Advertisement
How the **** do we have nearly the identical players on offense this year but are this bad? Gattis has to go.

Leonard Taylor was a complete non factor today.

0 sacks
0 tackles
0 assists

Got pushed out of the way as if he wasn't even there.

I never thought Garcia would be some all American but there’s no way you can tell me he’d turn into this back in the spring

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back