Player organized Visits

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Seems schools have gotten very creative in ways to get top targets on campus in this time of "no visits". Oklahoma has a fairly large event scheduled to go down in the next couple of weeks and by outside accounts, their QB recruit, Caleb Williams, is spear-heading it along with Mario Williams. They are referring to it as the "Sooner Summit". There's a group of highly targeted recruits that OU wants planning to meet up on OU campus , some with their parents, and Caleb Williams, Mario, and a couple of other committed recruits leading the tours, etc. It seems that Caleb Williams is friendly with a current OU player and he can be involved "informally" in the group's plans.

They are doing this in full view. Williams will be talking about it in his weekly SI blog. It also has been said that any UNPAID staff member can be involved.

The OU reporter says that other schools are doing this now and have been doing this throughout the recruiting dead period.

Sounds like a new way for the "extra benefits " to be distributed, too..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Everyone were chasing is in south Florida already. Taylor brashard and Marshall. **** they all go to the same school. No need for fancy stuff like this. I guess if you wanna throw tate into the mix he’s from broward. But a long shot. Leigh maybe. Still don’t think we have to worry

I would be shocked if we arent doing similar things, especially with everybody in our backyard
You gotta believe they are. No way our new recruiting strategies, coaches and support won't take advantage to a "legal" loophole. It'll be easy for the entire 2021 Commits (Collins too) to be there. Uncommitted Invitees:

1. Taylor
  2. Marshall
  3. Breshard Smith
  4. Chase Smith
  5. Markevious Brown
  6. Leigh (OOS)

If you aren't looking for loopholes and skirting the edge you aren't trying. Good for OU and hope we are doing something similar.
We will definitely be doing something similar & a few of our recruits have already got together off campus with each other.

But you can expect the MNW, Nade & Columbus boys along with Jacolby George to probably get to campus at some point in the coming months.

Advertisement
I know they can’t go into the football complex but can they go into any of the schools building? This is a good idea in theory but I don’t see the point of it.

I know they can’t go into the football complex but can they go into any of the schools building? This is a good idea in theory but I don’t see the point of it.

Campus is opening up in two weeks. Classes start 8/17 for undergrads. 8/10 for grad programs.

Advertisement
Back