Player Development

He has shown he can develop the 3* type guys into capable and in some cases great players (Denzel, Dorsett, Clive) but I wouldn't give him any credit for Duke Johnson, he did that on his own will to want to be great. What he hasn't shown me yet is the ability to develop the big time players 4* and 5* which is what will get us to being great again. For example Chickillo is no better than he was as a freshman he was 4/5* and guys like Jelani Hamilton, Tracy Howard, Artie Burns, Jamal Carter all 4* and most of them are stuck where they were when they got here and then Hamilton was so non existent that he had to RS this year and where the **** was Howard all year?

I think we have all said it before, Golden's scheme is for less talented players and he's shown the ability to coach them and make them successful, but he has no idea what to do with south Florida elite talent, he ruins them. IMO Golden could be a good coach for somewhere like Pitt or UVA or something that doesn't have all the talent we have, just get him out of Miami.

Perryman was a 4 star and Dorsett would have been a 4 star if he has not committed so early.

But Shannon found Perryman who Golden did not want and Barrow had to convince Golden to take because of his size. Shannon also found Dorsett and Clive.

Advertisement
I agree that his player development is better than Shannon-- mostly in terms of getting guys to buy into strength and conditioning.

Everything else is another story.

His player development is nothing compared to Shannon. Under Randy the players actually made an impact on the field. No way Randy goes 6-7 with our current roster.

The only strength and conditioning that Golden has done is make players fat.

Agree but no way Randy puts together this roster. His recruiting was some of the worst.

Advertisement
Back