Player Development

Hstokes1447

Junior
We have witnessed these kids get better every week and it has me extremely excited for the future.

Jarren Williams has gone from a guy who held the ball way too long and struggled with hitting the deep ball, to a true gun slinger.

Zion Nelson at one point looked like the worst starting LT in UM history to being very solid holding his own against some good talent.

John Campbell went from a lability at RT to a very solid LG

Michael Harley is becoming a real weapon in this offense and the best blocking WR on this roster

Dee Wiggins went from not being able to catch a cold to being a very reliable pass catcher scoring 3 TD in two games

Jordan Miller went from a unknown to the best run stopping DT on this roster

Scott Patchan is becoming very solid in run defense. His work on the edge in the past few games has been really good

Gregory Rousseau went from a kid who has never played the position to one of the best pass rushing defensive ends in college football

DJ Ivey went from getting roasted every game to locking down some talented receivers

This is what you want to see from a first year head coach. If they can continue to develop this talent, Miami will be in the Acc champion very soon.

Advertisement
I'm gonna hate saying this but it's a team learning how to win.

Image result for suicide gif

Advertisement
We have witnessed these kids get better every week and it has me extremely excited for the future.

Jarren Williams has gone from a guy who held the ball way too long and struggled with hitting the deep ball, to a true gun slinger.

Zion Nelson at one point looked like the worst starting LT in UM history to being very solid holding his own against some good talent.

Michael Harley is becoming a real weapon in this offense and the best blocking WR on this roster

Dee Wiggins went from not being able to catch a cold to being a very reliable pass catcher scoring 3 TD in two games

Scott Patchan is becoming very solid in run defense. His work on the edge in the past few games has been really good

Gregory Rousseau went from a kid who has never played the position to one of the best pass rushing defensive ends in college football

DJ Ivey went from getting roasted every game to locking down some talented receivers

This is what you want to see from a first year head coach. If they can continue to develop this talent, Miami will be in the Acc champion very soon.
Agree with everything you said but Patchan has always been solid vs the run

And Jarren has really learned how to tuck that ball in and run with it...Very encouraging...

I was so happy to see him use his legs and pick up a few 1st downs. If he continues to develop that element of his game he will be very dangerous.

This is what I needed to see. We had a terrible start and should be 8-2 maybe 7-3. With that said we are hitting our stride more and more and we are a better team now than we were at the beginning of the season.
Yup sucks because we could be so much better

but it is what it is... finish strong and let these guys learn adversity and how to win

Advertisement
I havent seen anyone mention that our Special teams has turn around.....love KJ on punt return and will miss him there

100% agree. Manny is on to something about culture.. he’s turning things around!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back