Player Attitude

sml

Redshirt Freshman
I don't post much, but after reading the Miami Hearld article that asked some of the players if they were mad; the response of one really upset me. His response was, "I'm not mad, just got to go back to the lab, watch some film and get ready for next week". What the…? This is an example of the overall team attitude, a nonchalant attitude after a horrible lost to a horrible team. Like so many have said before me, this type of attitude trickles do from the head. After seeing Golden's pre game speech the other night, his mediocre mindset has completely taken over this great program.

I've been a diehard Miami Hurricane fan for 33 years, since the age of 6, and this is the first time in my life I have NO anticipation or excitement whatsoever, especially for the FSU game next week. The future of this program lies not just with the firing of Al Golden, but with the administration making a positive statement with their next hire.

Advertisement
Yea, Matt Porter said on the radio earlier that every player he talked to kept saying they weren't mad, it wasn't a conference game... Al has destroyed the culture at Miami.

Our kids used to hate losing. They hated losing a rep in practice. Golden destroyed this team all the way to its very core

As our AD or coach once said
" let's not get caught up on being number 1"
" don't rise to the occasion "

Advertisement
******* THIS.

Players were all hearts hugs and handpounds with Cincy after the game. Not a single look of disgust in the crowd.

Here's the thing: they think they are acting like pro guys but A.) we suck and B.) in the pros, 1 loss doesn't end your season like it does in college.

That's what happens when kids are now used to ice cream trucks, cheeseburgers, tackling exercise balls instead of each other, and being told that progress was made after losses and a losing season. That's the end result.

I see Michigan, OSU, Bama, ND, Mich St all invest in their next coaching hires and it paid dividends quickly. We can't mess up on this next hire b/c the next coach is inheriting a mess. It would have to be Butch or a Fuentes or Herman. All have history of rebuilding and turning around dead programs.

If we hire a Cristobal or Kiffin, u might as well close shop on Miami football ya'll

I hope someone was kidding about it not being a conference game. HUH? What does it matter? It was an embarrassing loss & the team looked totally unprepared. UPHOLD THE LEGACY. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE U. :stormwarningflag-sm

Advertisement
These guys have been neutered by Al. The next coach will need 2 years minimum to get the stank off this team. Physically and mentally fragile.

They need to watch a Rohan Marley interview after a loss . Dude would almost tear up he was so intense and angry .

I was at the game, in the 10th row on the 50 and the first thing I noticed was the **** poor body language of our team. In a word they appeared disinterested, neutered. I told my girlfriend who isn't the most observant of women that they looked apathetic, which she could see as well. I knew that we were in for a long night after that. My cousin is a senior TE (no. 81) for UC, I'll have to ask him what he thought being out there against our team. I'm sure that he'll say that we were softer than warm sherbet.

I rarely post on here, I've been a lurker for a few years, but this thread really caught my attention because just how careless and ill prepared the players were on Thursday night, I had to add my two pennies. Attitude and effort are things that can be directly attributed to a coach and his staff, the way we took the field is another indictment of Al Golden's ineptitude.

I was at the game, in the 10th row on the 50 and the first thing I noticed was the **** poor body language of our team. In a word they appeared disinterested, neutered. I told my girlfriend who isn't the most observant of women that they looked apathetic, which she could see as well. I knew that we were in for a long night after that. My cousin is a senior TE (no. 81) for UC, I'll have to ask him what he thought being out there against our team. I'm sure that he'll say that we were softer than warm sherbet.

I rarely post on here, I've been a lurker for a few years, but this thread really caught my attention because just how careless and ill prepared the players were on Thursday night, I had to add my two pennies. Attitude and effort are things that can be directly attributed to a coach and his staff, the way we took the field is another indictment of Al Golden's ineptitude.

Good stuff. He don't need to tell ya we're soft .

I will

We're soft

Advertisement
Man yall didnt see Wyche laughing and smiling after the game while shaking hands with Cinncy players?

These guys have been neutered by Al. The next coach will need 2 years minimum to get the stank off this team. Physically and mentally fragile.

They need to watch a Rohan Marley interview after a loss . Dude would almost tear up he was so intense and angry .

Ask the older players.

When Butch came in, he told them how it was going to be. Many left.

If Butch comes, he'll either get the stank off the team the first days, or he'll get the losers off the team the first days.

Yea, Matt Porter said on the radio earlier that every player he talked to kept saying they weren't mad, it wasn't a conference game... Al has destroyed the culture at Miami.
When i watched the post game interview of every player. They were not upset about. Kirby even referenced Nippert Stadium as a "Big Game Environment" i had to turn it off after that i was ****ed. This kids are clueless of a winning culture

Advertisement
What was most troubling, more so than our *****'assed body language was how lost they looked on defense. I couldn't believe how confused Artie Burns looked throughout the game. How the **** were they so ill prepared coming off a **** bye week! Another thing I took in was how unimpressive our guys looked physically. Tracy Howard got undressed all by a 5'6" former option QB from Maple f*ckin' Heights! I hate Al Golden, I would rather have Al Roker, Al Green or Al Sharpton's hair stylist than that loser.

Advertisement
Back