Play this for every Cane recruit.

I'm not sure what you mean "documented talent lead." Documented would be something like the 247 composite score since that is objective number based solely on recruiting stats. For 2020, #1 is UGA, #2 AL, #3 OSU. For 2019, it was #1 Bama, #2 OSU, #3 UGA. For 2018 it was #1 Ohio State, #2 Bama, #3 UGA. So the three schools swap trade places in the top 3 for total amount of talent. However, I don't think anyone would say that UGA and Ohio State can be penciled as national champions despite having as much (and sometimes more) talent as Bama. Coaching seems to be what sets Bama apart. Of course, at the bottom of all this is that those three schools are also cesspools of cheating, which certainly helps them land top recruits.

Another interesting thing is that in 2019 when Clemson obliterated Bama 44-16 in the national championship game, Bama was #1 in overall talent, Clemson was #9. I don't think it's unrealistic to think Miami should crack the top 10 in overall talent. And once we are in the top 10, there is no reason we can't compete for NC, as we watched an ACC team that barely cracked the top 10 in talent embarrass mighty Alabama just 2 years, 5 months, and 3 days ago.

You’re parsing statistics to make a point. Look at the last 10 years. Then look at the average, not the total point number, which includes number of recruits, so if you have 25 versus 21, your number will most likely be higher. Get back to me when you do that.

There’s no question who the undisputed recruiting leader is, and it’s not even close.

If you look at the overall totality of the last 10-12 years vs other schools, there’s just no question

Advertisement
I'm not sure what you mean "documented talent lead." Documented would be something like the 247 composite score since that is objective number based solely on recruiting stats. For 2020, #1 is UGA, #2 AL, #3 OSU. For 2019, it was #1 Bama, #2 OSU, #3 UGA. For 2018 it was #1 Ohio State, #2 Bama, #3 UGA. So the three schools swap trade places in the top 3 for total amount of talent. However, I don't think anyone would say that UGA and Ohio State can be penciled as national champions despite having as much (and sometimes more) talent as Bama. Coaching seems to be what sets Bama apart. Of course, at the bottom of all this is that those three schools are also cesspools of cheating, which certainly helps them land top recruits.

Another interesting thing is that in 2019 when Clemson obliterated Bama 44-16 in the national championship game, Bama was #1 in overall talent, Clemson was #9. I don't think it's unrealistic to think Miami should crack the top 10 in overall talent. And once we are in the top 10, there is no reason we can't compete for NC, as we watched an ACC team that barely cracked the top 10 in talent embarrass mighty Alabama just 2 years, 5 months, and 3 days ago.

Saban and his army of assistants is the difference. His hard *** style along with the insane preparation the program is able to churn out every week only accentuates the difference in talent between Bama and the rest.

Saban and his army of assistants is the difference. His hard *** style along with the insane preparation the program is able to churn out every week only accentuates the difference in talent between Bama and the rest.
Nothing like having those 3 or 4 former head coaches as analysts in addition to all the other toys at their disposal. Bama even has additional S & C guys to track performance related analytics where almost every other program has just 1 guy to do all that.

Advertisement
You’re parsing statistics to make a point. Look at the last 10 years. Then look at the average, not the total point number, which includes number of recruits, so if you have 25 versus 21, your number will most likely be higher. Get back to me when you do that.

There’s no question who the undisputed recruiting leader is, and it’s not even close.

If you look at the overall totality of the last 10-12 years vs other schools, there’s just no question

You apparently have the numbers so why don't you go ahead and post them. I already put in the research time to get the hard data needed to make my own points (where you say I'm just parsing statistics), I'm not going to spend more research time getting you the data to confirm whether your unsupported claims are true or not. You say it's not even close, so what's the data say? As far as I can tell, you are just talking about your feelings without solid info to back it up (deep down in your plums, you just feel Bama is the undisputed recruiting king). Get back to me when you've done your own research and have real numbers, and we can continue this discussion.

Last edited:
You apparently have the numbers so why don't you go ahead and post them. I already put in the research time to get the hard data needed to make my own points (where you say I'm just parsing statistics), I'm not going to spend more research time getting you the data to confirm whether your unsupported claims are true or not. You say it's not even close, so what's the data say? As far as I can tell, you are just talking about your feelings without solid info to back it up (deep down in your plums, you just feel Bama is the undisputed recruiting king). Get back to me when you've done your own research and have real numbers, and we can continue this discussion.

Same place you got them. Who consistently is either number one or right there for the last 10 or 12 years. It’s not that hard. There is one team, and only one team, that is always right there either at number one or in the running, and that is Alabama. And they were actually number one for six or seven straight years. It’s just all there. I’m not gonna go cutting and pasting. But here I’ll give you the link and let you look through it.

If you want start at 2011, and don’t forget to look at the averages. That’s what counts more than the total points.

You can tell me who is the undisputed king over the last 11 years or so.

Same place you got them. Who consistently is either number one or right there for the last 10 or 12 years. It’s not that hard. There is one team, and only one team, that is always right there either at number one or in the running, and that is Alabama. And they were actually number one for six or seven straight years. It’s just all there. I’m not gonna go cutting and pasting. But here I’ll give you the link and let you look through it.

If you want start at 2011, and don’t forget to look at the averages. That’s what counts more than the total points.

You can tell me who is the undisputed king over the last 11 years or so.

2011- Bama 92.19 OSU 90.25
2012- Bama 93.14 OSU 91. 47
2013- Bama 93.25 OSU 92.14
2014- Bama 93.65 OSU 90.59
2015- Bama 93.73 OSU 90.31
2016- Bama 93.54 OSU 91.56
2017- Bama 93.76 OSU 94.59
2018- Bama 91.94 OSU 94.29
2019- Bama 94.38 OSU 91.87
2020- Bama 93.54 OSU 91.79

Bama 10 yr average 93.12
OSU 10 yr average 91.89

Last 5 years
Bama 93.43
OSU 92.82

10 year Difference 1.23. Last 5 year difference .66 Bama is not running circles around OSU in recruiting and OSU has even cut that small gap in half in the last 5 and closing fast. .66 is not a massive talent difference. You initially said "its not even close." .66 seems pretty close to me. The point is, friend, that even though Bama and OSU are nearly tied in recruiting average the last 5 years (mean the teams, right now, are nearly equal in talent- even if Bama had 82 5 stars on the roster 10 years ago, none of those players have any effect on the current team), most of us wouldn't be shaking in our boots if we were opening against Ohio State.

Advertisement
2011- Bama 92.19 OSU 90.25
2012- Bama 93.14 OSU 91. 47
2013- Bama 93.25 OSU 92.14
2014- Bama 93.65 OSU 90.59
2015- Bama 93.73 OSU 90.31
2016- Bama 93.54 OSU 91.56
2017- Bama 93.76 OSU 94.59
2018- Bama 91.94 OSU 94.29
2019- Bama 94.38 OSU 91.87
2020- Bama 93.54 OSU 91.79

Bama 10 yr average 93.12
OSU 10 yr average 91.89

Last 5 years
Bama 93.43
OSU 92.82

10 year Difference 1.23. Last 5 year difference .66 Bama is not running circles around OSU in recruiting and OSU has even cut that small gap in half in the last 5 and closing fast. .66 is not a massive talent difference. You initially said "its not even close." .66 seems pretty close to me. The point is, friend, that even though Bama and OSU are nearly tied in recruiting average the last 5 years (mean the teams, right now, are nearly equal in talent according to your metric), most of us wouldn't be shaking in our boots if we were opening against Ohio State.

Here‘s what I see: Bama, Bama, Bama, Bama, Bama, Bama, Bama, Bama, Bama, Bama, Bama, Bama

It is uncanny

They have been the best but they are not "running circles" around programs like OSU and UGA. I expect Texas AM to close the gap as well, that nutcase Jumbo can recruit. Clemson does well as well. Its no wonder those 4 are in the hunt or in every Final 4.

Advertisement
The one team you see consistently for the last 10 or 15 years. It’s not even close

I'm not disputing that Bama has led the overall average the last 10 years. You said "no one's even close to Bama" in recruiting over the last 10 years. There is also another team that makes an appearance as the #1 in recruiting average a couple times over the last 10 years and is nearly always in the top 2. Ohio State's recruiting average over a 10 year span is extremely close to Bama (roughly 1.3 difference), and as I said, it's gotten even closer the last 5 years.

Right now the talent difference between OSU and Bama is a grand total of 6 3 star players.
OSU 14 5 stars 52 4 stars 19 3 stars
Bama 12 5 stars 58 4 stars 13 stars

And I'm not calling Bama the "Undisputed Kings of Recruiting" because it depends on the timeframe. Last 10 years? Sure. Last 5 years? Nope.

If we look at just the last 5 years (which is a lot more relevant because we are talking about current talent, not what was on the roster 10 years ago), are you going to acknowledge that UGA is currently the "Undisputed King of Recruiting"?

They have been the best but they are not "running circles" around programs like OSU and UGA. I expect Texas AM to close the gap as well, that nutcase Jumbo can recruit. Clemson does well as well. Its no wonder those 4 are in the hunt or in every Final 4.
He's not a Nutcase....His former Wife was the Proverbial "Nutcase".......Literally....

Advertisement
Aside from Julio Jones and Derrick Henry they got nothin
Calvin Ridley, Eddie Jackson, Marlon Humphrey, Amari Cooper, CJ Mosley, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Josh Jacobs. I mean ***** Bama but they have some guys in the league that are more than just bodies on a roster

What year was this? Colin flip flops on takes weekly..almost hourly 😂..but Bama has 3 heisman winners in the last 10 years. Their top players are college stats. Saban literally has lineage of Dade/Broward WR that he can come into any living room down here and say “your next”...now if we talking about all time greats, it’s us no question..but recent stars plays better in a recruiting pitch than our guys from 20 years ago if we being 100

Was more true in 2017...Bama has stars now. But no player will be bigger than Saban. At Miami, the players were the stars, not the coaches.
When has Bama not had Stars since 2009?? Julio, Mark Ingram, mark Barron..Hightower, Mosley, Amari, Fitzpatrick, Smith, waddle, henry, cooper, McClain..etc etc

Advertisement
Back