Play this for every Cane recruit.

Advertisement
Siggggggh!

For the record, since 2010 Bama has produced 38 1st round draft picks, and 16 pro bowlers

Since 2010, we have produced 6 1st round picks and 3 pro bowlers (all Radio Recruits)

It’s time we stop the comparison non-sense. This chit happens every off season. We don’t need to show a hella old clip of Colin Cowherd to recruits, we need to show them on the f’ing field! Do you hear what these kids keep saying? “I wanna see what Miami do this season.”

That’s all that matters; not the chain, not Trick Daddy, not The Rusty Pelican, & definitely not no chit that none of them have ever witnessed in person. It’s time to show out on the field. Wanna change the narrative? Beat the breaks off Bama or make them sweat, not be embarrassed, win 10+ games and play for a freggin ACC Championship!

Last edited:
Well I mean over 15 years of recruiting five stars in the three deep, and this is all they have to show for it? That’s a pretty horrible track record considering the quality of recruits they get in every year for almost 2 decades.
Minkah Fitzpatrick, Amari Cooper, Marlon Humphrey, and Josh Jacobs as well. They then have younger players on the cusp of being stars-- Ridley in ATL now that Julio is gone, Payne & Allen are on one of the nastiest defensive lines in Washington, and Quinnen Williams in NY. That archaic "Bama doesn't produce players in the NFL" line hasn't applied in years. I'm surprised that they don't have more dominant OL considering how imposing they usually are in college.

I will take Saban's system any day. In the playoffs almost every year and winning 5 national championships. Compared to Miami's stars that under preform and struggle to beat inferior teams. I wonder if Saban will post this in the locker room. When is the last time Miami looked like a contender? Going on 20 years and counting.

Advertisement
I don’t think a lot of people even realize the level that Alabama is recruiting at. It’s not just that they get so many 5 star players or that they finish first in recruiting almost every year. It’s that their first place class is miles better than almost everyone else. The gap between the #1 ranked class and the #5 ranked class is often huge. They should have 5 or 6 first rounders EVERY year. People say “oh players go to Bama because they want to get drafted high” of course Bama players get drafted high, that have a huge percentage of the best players in college football. If anything they vastly underachieve when it comes to turning star recruits into early round picks. Nobody has more blue chip busts than them.

I don’t think a lot of people even realize the level that Alabama is recruiting at. It’s not just that they get so many 5 star players or that they finish first in recruiting almost every year. It’s that their first place class is miles better than almost everyone else. The gap between the #1 ranked class and the #5 ranked class is often huge. They should have 5 or 6 first rounders EVERY year. People say “oh players go to Bama because they want to get drafted high” of course Bama players get drafted high, that have a huge percentage of the best players in college football. If anything they vastly underachieve when it comes to turning star recruits into early round picks. Nobody has more blue chip busts than them.
UGA says hello. One of the only programs that consistently challenges for the #1 spot and barely produces any 1st rounders. Not to mention cropping multiple games. 5* star bust U.

Advertisement
UGA says hello. One of the only programs that consistently challenges for the #1 spot and barely produces any 1st rounders. Not to mention cropping multiple games. 5* star bust U.
UGA has only been competitive with Alabama for about 5 years now and even then Alabama still out recruits them almost every year. But if Kirby continues to make chicken **** out of chicken salad, he can take the title of “all time bust” coach. We’re already starting to see some decline in UGA’s appeal now though. They’re still getting a ton of blue chip kids but you’re seeing more and more kids they’re chasing go elsewhere. Saban at least wins titles with his ridiculous talent advantage. Kirby struggle to win his division

I looked at his post history. He’s pretty much a mope who had the life sucked out of him after the FIU loss. You can relate to the latter part, right?
I envy the people who remained positive after that FIU loss.

Butch Davis' crusty, sweaty, leathery smirk haunts me in my sleep still.

Advertisement

You hit the nail on the head. I’m not gonna deny they do other things very well, but in the end it’s all about the recruiting, you wouldn’t have any of the rest without their complete dominance in recruiting.

But yet you have people here that tend to overlook that, and just want to suck them off like it’s their life blood

You hit the nail on the head. I’m not gonna deny they do other things very well, but in the end it’s all about the recruiting, you wouldn’t have any of the rest without their complete dominance in recruiting.

But yet you have people here that tend to overlook that, and just want to suck them off like it’s their life blood

I think a lot of those people don't follow recruiting outside of maybe who we sign so they think the talent gap isn't nearly as ridiculously huge as it actually is. Our best class in the last decade would be their worst. By a lot. Those people think because we sign a 5 star player once in a blue moon, that we're just some minor coaching change away from Bama's level. The truth is, NOBODY is at Alabama's level when it comes to talent acquisition. Ohio State and Georgia are probably the closest but if you go back through the classes and compare the three, Alabama is still significantly ahead of them both. Just for example, 247 assigns 32 5 star ratings a year. Alabama signed 7 of them for the 2021 class. Almost 1/4 of the 5 star kids all went to the same school. We did backflips because we got two.

I think a lot of those people don't follow recruiting outside of maybe who we sign so they think the talent gap isn't nearly as ridiculously huge as it actually is. Our best class in the last decade would be their worst. By a lot. Those people think because we sign a 5 star player once in a blue moon, that we're just some minor coaching change away from Bama's level. The truth is, NOBODY is at Alabama's level when it comes to talent acquisition. Ohio State and Georgia are probably the closest but if you go back through the classes and compare the three, Alabama is still significantly ahead of them both. Just for example, 247 assigns 32 5 star ratings a year. Alabama signed 7 of them for the 2021 class. Almost 1/4 of the 5 star kids all went to the same school. We did backflips because we got two.

Even the best possible projections for our upcoming next two classes, and I’m talking about classes that will make everybody on this site go wild for us, will not even be anywhere near close to what Alabama will get.

And that is an absolute fact.

People just don’t get the huge talent disparity.

Alabama should be putting in 6 or 7 first rounders every single year.

Advertisement
Even the best possible projections for our upcoming next two classes, and I’m talking about classes that will make everybody on this site go wild for us, will not even be anywhere near close to what Alabama will get.

And that is an absolute fact.

People just don’t get the huge talent disparity.

Alabama should be putting in 6 or 7 first rounders every single year.

I hate to give Florida credit, but the talent disparity between UF and Bama is massive yet they were just one bonehead coaching decision (end of the 1st half clock management) away from beating Bama in the SEC championship game. That wasn't like the Ole Miss game where you could make the excuse that Bama was looking past them. With a great QB, excellent scheme, and the right athletes at key positions, teams that don't have nearly the talent of Bama still have a chance at a W. If you go back and look at all the playoff teams over the past 6 or 7 years, the minimum number of 5 stars "required" on a roster to get into the playoffs looks to be around 4 (Notre Dame is on the low end). That is a number Miami shouldn't have a problem reaching. To WIN a NC, the magic number is around 7-8 (Clemson was on the low end there). Believe it or not, both UGA and Ohio State currently have MORE 5 stars on their roster than Bama, so leading the country in 5 stars doesn't automatically equate to NCs. If Miami were opening against UGA instead of Bama, I think a lot fewer people would be making an assumption of a guaranteed asskicking like they are against Bama, even though on paper, UGA has more talent than Bama.

I hate to give Florida credit, but the talent disparity between UF and Bama is massive yet they were just one bonehead coaching decision (end of the 1st half clock management) away from beating Bama in the SEC championship game. That wasn't like the Ole Miss game where you could make the excuse that Bama was looking past them. With a great QB, excellent scheme, and the right athletes at key positions, teams that don't have nearly the talent of Bama still have a chance at a W. If you go back and look at all the playoff teams over the past 6 or 7 years, the minimum number of 5 stars "required" on a roster to get into the playoffs looks to be around 4 (Notre Dame is on the low end). That is a number Miami shouldn't have a problem reaching. To WIN a NC, the magic number is around 7-8 (Clemson was on the low end there). Believe it or not, both UGA and Ohio State currently have MORE 5 stars on their roster than Bama, so leading the country in 5 stars doesn't automatically equate to NCs. If Miami were opening against UGA instead of Bama, I think a lot fewer people would be making an assumption of a guaranteed asskicking like they are against Bama, even though on paper, UGA has more talent than Bama.

Alabama‘s recruitment of talent over the last 15 years is unprecedented, the fact that a couple of the top-tier schools might have one or two more five stars, who are very very rare to begin with, does not change the fact that of their overall talent disparity and superiority, or the documented talent lead by them over others, year over year.

Having said that, of course any team can beat any other team on any given Saturday. Or Sunday, or whatever the day is. That’s a cliché that’s also true.

For Miami to do so this upcoming fall, it will have to out-coach and out-scheme Alabama, because we will definitely not out-talent them because that would be a literal impossibility.

As far as the Florida/Alabama game, I never saw it as being that close. Yes Florida made a mad rush towards the end, but I never saw the game as being in danger for Alabama

Alabama‘s recruitment of talent over the last 15 years is unprecedented, the fact that a couple of the top-tier schools might have one or two more five stars, who are very very rare to begin with, does not change the fact that of their overall talent disparity and superiority, or the documented talent lead by them over others, year over year.

Having said that, of course any team can beat any other team on any given Saturday. Or Sunday, or whatever the day is. That’s a cliché that’s also true.

For Miami to do so this upcoming fall, it will have to out-coach and out-scheme Alabama, because we will definitely not out-talent them because that would be a literal impossibility.

As far as the Florida/Alabama game, I never saw it as being that close. Yes Florida made a mad rush towards the end, but I never saw the game as being in danger for Alabama

I'm not sure what you mean "documented talent lead." Documented would be something like the 247 composite score since that is objective number based solely on recruiting stats. For 2020, #1 is UGA, #2 AL, #3 OSU. For 2019, it was #1 Bama, #2 OSU, #3 UGA. For 2018 it was #1 Ohio State, #2 Bama, #3 UGA. So the three schools swap trade places in the top 3 for total amount of talent. However, I don't think anyone would say that UGA and Ohio State can be penciled as national champions despite having as much (and sometimes more) talent as Bama. Coaching seems to be what sets Bama apart. Of course, at the bottom of all this is that those three schools are also cesspools of cheating, which certainly helps them land top recruits.

Another interesting thing is that in 2019 when Clemson obliterated Bama 44-16 in the national championship game, Bama was #1 in overall talent, Clemson was #9. I don't think it's unrealistic to think Miami should crack the top 10 in overall talent. And once we are in the top 10, there is no reason we can't compete for NC, as we watched an ACC team that barely cracked the top 10 in talent embarrass mighty Alabama just 2 years, 5 months, and 3 days ago.

Advertisement
Back