Play the kids

MizCane

Senior
The frosh who we believe have the skill set need to get more PT. Carter, Hall, Jennings, Frierson, etc need less reps and the young guns need more. Let the WR frosh duo get their time. Pope and Wiggins shouldn’t see the field at all. We aren’t winning a Natty so get them plenty of playing time and opportunities when the game matters not just cleanup.

Advertisement
Carter had a decent game. Didn’t even notice 6 or 8 in the game on offense which is a good sign. Agree in letting the freshmen play. Williams and Kinchens played a bunch especially in the second half. Wish they would get LT56 in there for substantial snaps. Hoping to see the same thing once the game settles down.
But don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. We have upper classmen that are better at this stage than the freshmen. We need to be selective with the playing time to the youngsters until we demonstrate that we are in control of the game or the freshmen show that they fully understand their assignments. I am not ready to forfeit the season just to get the youngsters up to speed or a head start on a rebuild. If they are up to speed and better than their more mature counterparts (or just slightly behind with more upside), I’m totally in agreement.

Kids Playing GIF by moodman

The frosh who we believe have the skill set need to get more PT. Carter, Hall, Jennings, Frierson, etc need less reps and the young guns need more. Let the WR frosh duo get their time. Pope and Wiggins shouldn’t see the field at all. We aren’t winning a Natty so get them plenty of playing time and opportunities when the game matters not just cleanup.
Wiggins played 8 snaps last week and Pope didn't play at all.

Advertisement
Going to be interested to see how Manny manages that safety room in the future. One of Williams, Kinchens and Williams are going to have to move to Striker. I believe Tae is a future 1st rounder. He's legit.

Going to be interested to see how Manny manages that safety room in the future. One of Williams, Kinchens and Williams are going to have to move to Striker. I believe Tae is a future 1st rounder. He's legit.
We think everyone a future 1st rd pick around here lol..but honestly James Williams is a chess piece. Similar to Derwin James and Jamal adams..he can play anywhere..as too the OP original point and the general reaction of panic around here: no tf on our roster was changing what we ran into on Saturday..tried to tell y’all what Young would do and that Bama was not running a new scheme. That kid 9 is special. The plays he made wasn’t bad defense on 3rd downs, kid had pressure in his face abf just made plays

Feel free to post the number of reps that all those guys got against Alabama. You might be surprised.

Advertisement

Dude.

Advertisement
I have two issues with PT:
1. Wiggins over George
2. LT and Roberts getting zero snaps.

The rest will work themselves out with health/end of suspensions and time: Brooks, Cave, Chaney, Rooster, Tae.

They seemed to work the LB groups in tandem with Flagg/Smith playing about 2/3 of the snaps and Jennings Steed getting the other third against Bama. The difference between the two is notable. 44 and 17 should only be in the game if 11 or 4 is tired or hurt. That ratio needs to be around 85% to 15%

Advertisement
Carter had a decent game. Didn’t even notice 6 or 8 in the game on offense which is a good sign. Agree in letting the freshmen play. Williams and Kinchens played a bunch especially in the second half. Wish they would get LT56 in there for substantial snaps. Hoping to see the same thing once the game settles down.
But don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. We have upper classmen that are better at this stage than the freshmen. We need to be selective with the playing time to the youngsters until we demonstrate that we are in control of the game or the freshmen show that they fully understand their assignments. I am not ready to forfeit the season just to get the youngsters up to speed or a head start on a rebuild. If they are up to speed and better than their more mature counterparts (or just slightly behind with more upside), I’m totally in agreement.
Carter miss like 3-4 tackles.. that’s bad

I don’t necessarily disagree but I have a feeling we’ll say the same thing 2 years from now. Sinking feeling I know all too well

Williams is a freak of an athlete and specimen so I hesitate to even try to make the comparison to Carter bc he’s just another level. “See Bama vs us to understand that level”
Anyway, I’d hate to waste valuable time of playing S when his true calling is probably going to be LB. Carter should have been a Striker day 1. Williams I think should too. The good thing is Williams will be more valuable no matter the position but LB is where we need him with the other studs.

Carter missed 3-4 tackles during the game and looked completely lost in coverage. Ohh, and he made no splash plays to make up for his mistakes. If that is his good game, what exaclty is his bad game?

Advertisement
Back