Play calling or execution

jamiecane

Freshman
Premium
This looks like a great play call. WR is wide open in the middle of the field. No one behind him. Execution- we throw into the sideline with CB all over the receiver. Incomplete.

Attachments

• 7A383827-87A7-4912-BF3B-94C4927649A0.jpeg
    7A383827-87A7-4912-BF3B-94C4927649A0.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 43
Advertisement
That's great, and for every screen shot like that one we can produce 3,352,382 other ones that show nobody open, the middle of the field completely ignored, or horrible route tree combinations given down and distance.

If anyone out there is still questioning whether or not it's the play calling, you really should consider following another sport.

I was at the game. brevin was ****ed. throwing up his hands in disgust. put hands on hip I believe and shaking his head. he made big deal as he went to sidelines. tv didn't pick it up but he was VISIBLY upset.

Advertisement
Does it matter? If you are a 3rd year coach making $4M per year, you should have players that can execute whether that be through teaching them and/or recruiting. Play calling, play execution - either way it falls on the coaches.

It's both. The coaching is clearly sub par. And the players are really just not very good - at least not as good as we want to believe or the rating services told us.

Punters can't break 40 yards. Running backs and returners routinely fumble or make stupid decisions fielding punts and kicks. Offensive lineman get beaten badly almost every play. Receivers regularly drop balls that hit them in the hands. Our offensive "speedsters" get run down from behind by defensive backs. QBs are either inaccurate or throw into coverage while receivers are running wide open, or both. Our DBs get beat by receivers on offenses that never throw the ball.

Not too diminish the ineptitude of this coaching staff, but anyone that thinks these players are any better than average are just fooling themselves.

Both are problems from the same source... coaching. I've never seen a team magically figure out how to execute better without coaches putting in the effort. And I've never seen playcalling magically improve and get creative without coaches making a decision to be better.

This staff will have you believe it's the players but THEY recruited most of these guys.

Advertisement
I was at the game. brevin was ****ed. throwing up his hands in disgust. put hands on hip I believe and shaking his head. he made big deal as he went to sidelines. tv didn't pick it up but he was VISIBLY upset.
Replay on TV showed Brevin running down the middle WIDE OPEN with his hand in the air. Didn't show his reaction afterward.

Does it matter? If you are a 3rd year coach making $4M per year, you should have players that can execute whether that be through teaching them and/or recruiting. Play calling, play execution - either way it falls on the coaches.
Exactly. If the players you recruited and "developed"over 3 years span are not executing then it's your fault as the head coach. Either you didn't recruit good players, didn't develop them or because you're calling the wrong plays for them.

I don't understand people saying look.........it's the execution, as if it absolves the coaches.

Advertisement
It always falls somewhere in the middle but Richt and his "offensive staff" have been awful at making any adjustments on the fly with the players they have. I understand we are deficient at Oline, that will always make or break an offense, coaching has been a total disaster. Plenty of talent at all the skill positions to be able to move the ball and score This team should not be 5-5, at worst 8-2, at worst. Richt has failed this team, if he makes no staff changes after the season he is dead man walking.

Advertisement
Back