Plantation High School Coaches Discuss Jacolby George

Advertisement
I didnt mean to imply that RGreene was some unathletic bum. But my point was nobody ever mistook him for DK Metcalf either. He was a good athlete but an ELITE playmaker at WR. (I looked up RGs numbers and his last 2 years at FSU were absolutely dominant. Nobody at UM has had numbers like those since Leonard Hankerson.) So it even proves my point even more. JGeorge can be **** good for us if he has a natural skill for making plays even if hes not a jaw-dropping athlete. Which it seems like is the knock on him.
Okay I see. I didn’t know that you were comparing him to an athlete like DK. Yea you’re totally right. I agree

He's not going to impress with "testing numbers" but when it's game time, he's the best football player on the field.
This.

Everyone complains that our current receivers are 7 on 7 stars who didn't produce in actual games. George is the exact opposite. He's not physically impressive and his testing numbers won't blow anyone away but if you watch him in actual games, he's dynamite. I've seen him live quite a few times in 2018 and 2019 and he was always the fastest player on the field in game action. He's super smooth in and out of his cuts and gets open consistently. South Plantation is garbage so don't get overly excited about his 4 TD game but he's had good games against Chaminade and STA and those schools have plenty of D1 talent in their backfields.

Advertisement
so what you want a team full of marhsall fews? he made plays in HS. the better palyers are gonna have good/great testing numbers unless they're sick or ****ed up in some weird way. i dont know why people think any different.
Marshall Few is a walk-on. Jacolby George is a high 4 star rated receiver with his choice of P5 scholarships. He obviously tests well enough.

This.

Everyone complains that our current receivers are 7 on 7 stars who didn't produce in actual games. George is the exact opposite. He's not physically impressive and his testing numbers won't blow anyone away but if you watch him in actual games, he's dynamite. I've seen him live quite a few times in 2018 and 2019 and he was always the fastest player on the field in game action. He's super smooth in and out of his cuts and gets open consistently. South Plantation is garbage so don't get overly excited about his 4 TD game but he's had good games against Chaminade and STA and those schools have plenty of D1 talent in their backfields.
Right man. Game speed is something that alot of ppl don't realize or just underestimate. And yeah man, dude is so smooth it's like he be gliding lol

so what you want a team full of marhsall fews? he made plays in HS. the better palyers are gonna have good/great testing numbers unless they're sick or ****ed up in some weird way. i dont know why people think any different.
When it comes to WRs and predicting collegiate success, testing numbers aren't particularly informative.

Advertisement
We legit have 3 different type borderline 5 star WRs in this class with Brinson, George, and Smith

And Malik Curtis could even be a fourth

Really excited to see them join the WR room
None of those guys are ‘borderline 5 star WRs’ except in the minds of UM fans.

I don’t say that to knock them. Just to point out the delusional that goes on on message boards.

The highest ranked of our kids on 247 is brinson, who is the 25th ranked WR. There are only 2 5 star WRs on 247. So there are 22 WRs above Brinson and below 5 star.

Hopefully we evaluated them well because rankings are hype, evals are money.

Advertisement
I've been cappin' for him for the longest... I promise y'all and I'll keep saying it, he's one of the most underrated recruits in the NATION. When GoldFeet calls you the best wr in the nation, that means something!!!
Who is Goldfeet?

Who is Goldfeet?
These guys have trained some of the best athletes HS, College, NFL. They're probably the most well known trainers down here in Florida when it comes to Speed/Agility.
Screenshot_20210102-134418.png

Advertisement
None of those guys are ‘borderline 5 star WRs’ except in the minds of UM fans.

I don’t say that to knock them. Just to point out the delusional that goes on on message boards.

The highest ranked of our kids on 247 is brinson, who is the 25th ranked WR. There are only 2 5 star WRs on 247. So there are 22 WRs above Brinson and below 5 star.

Hopefully we evaluated them well because rankings are hype, evals are money.
I don't worry about rankings but I do watch the film and I'm personally excited about brashard smith, his film was nasty.

Advertisement
Back