Pitt vs Miami - By the numbers

Advertisement
I heard you play this game to win
war games apocalypse GIF

TVD gives zero f's about these stats I bet. Hate being so torn about wanting a W vs knowing an L is likely better long term for the program.
I don't think either team cares about the stats. Both have shown they can put up points.

The least amount of mistakes in a shootout wins.

Advertisement
Is it really, though? Short of winning out, you have to think Manny is gone after the season. And winning out probably shows us that, somehow, maybe he's not the world's worst coach. So, of course, I'm too invested in the kids to ever root for them to lose. But I'm not even sure that accepting a loss is better for the program is the correct approach either. IMO what will happen, will happen, in regards to the staff. Does a win tomorrow really save his job, long-term? Depends on how the next 4 go after that. So, in a vacuum, I don't think tomorrow's game has much bearing on that. Hope the kids go win it.
Why can’t we root for wins and still demand manny be fired?

Advertisement
Why can’t we root for wins and still demand manny be fired?

Did you take it based off what I said that we couldn’t? I thought that was pretty much exactly what I said.

But be real, if we finish the season on a 7 game win streak, win the ACC, and go to a NY6 bowl, you’re going to demand he’s fired? That won’t happen, just saying. So yeah, I’m rooting for wins. If they don’t come, he’s gone.

Did you take it based off what I said that we couldn’t? I thought that was pretty much exactly what I said.

But be real, if we finish the season on a 7 game win streak, win the ACC, and go to a NY6 bowl, you’re going to demand he’s fired? That won’t happen, just saying. So yeah, I’m rooting for wins. If they don’t come, he’s gone.
He won’t be fired if he wins the ACC, nor should he be. I don’t think he’s going to.. but I’ll enjoy every minute of it if he does.

Advertisement
Back