Pitt the third

In Mark Kingston's first year, he took a #2 seed and went to the final game on the road against a National Seed. That is something that Jim Morris could not accomplish once in his Decade of Destruction. Not once.

I'm sure Mark will get a nice pat on the back from somebody. Maybe you?

I give him credit for winning a Regional but the truth is though that they weren't that good in 2018 (37-26). And this year they kinda stink.

Advertisement
I'm sure Mark will get a nice pat on the back from somebody. Maybe you?

I give him credit for winning a Regional but the truth is though that they weren't that good in 2018 (37-26). And this year they kinda stink.

Do you give him credit for making the postseason?

And Jim's last 4 years, where you wanted him canned and replaced with Tracy Smith, were better than Tracy's.

By a lot.

Tracy Smith would accomplish more at Miami with our resources. Kind of like how Morris did after losing so many regionals at Georgia Tech.

Advertisement
In the 2019 Pitt Game 3 thread, this clown brings up Tracy Smith to defend Jim Morris, who he also brought up.

Advertisement
Tracy Smith would accomplish more at Miami with our resources. Kind of like how Morris did after losing so many regionals at Georgia Tech.

Tracy Smith is the typical small school coach who bamboozles gullible people like you with modest success.

It doesn't usually translate to higher levels.

But you're bad at this evaluation stuff so you don't get it.

Advertisement
Peter/Piccolo

Question.

You mentioned being a "college baseball power". How much does that help? Do you think that there is institutional knowledge gained from being an established power for so many years? UM's strengths are its history, its location in the best high school area for baseball and to some extent coaching. Does being elite provide actual knowledge, or does it arise from having coaches learn from two of the greatest coaches of all time.

[I wonder if they are meeting with the Marlins occasionally to discuss new developments in the sport. Jeter and Rodriguez are no longer friends, but am wondering if the Marlins provide some insight into best practices.]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back