Pitt the third

2012 College World Series:

UCLA 9 Stony Brook 1
Florida State 12 Stony Brook 2

Yeah, they were just unbeatable.

Advertisement
Like I said, 2 conference games have been lost due to late inning errors that provided comeback wins for NC State and Pitt.

So your issue is with the timeliness of the errors. Nobody has argued otherwise.

However, that has nothing to do with needing a .971 fielding percentage to win a championship. That was just stupid.

In 2012, UM lost to Missouri State and Stony Brook. I already discussed Stony Brook, which was clearly a better team than UM.

Missouri State's best player was Nick Petree, who was named a semifinalists for the 2012 USA Baseball Golden Spikes Award. He was also named the The Louisville Slugger NCAA Division I National Player of The Year prior to being drafted.

The second best player on that team was Tyler Burgess who was named to the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association's 2013 Preseason All-America list.

That team had 6 players ultimately drafted into the minor leagues. That team won 40 games that year and was clearly better than Miami.

Missouri was leading, but Stony Brook scored 7 unanswered runs. Shows one how strong Stony Brook was that year.

Miami lost to two teams that is was supposed to.

Funny how he knew to look up Missouri State even though he supposedly has me on ignore.

Thank you for admitting that Jim Morris' Decade of Destruction included having a team that was worse than Stony Brook and Missouri State, even though the fake RPI said we were the #12 team.

Advertisement
Thank you for admitting that Jim Morris' Decade of Destruction included having a team that was worse than Stony Brook and Missouri State, even though the fake RPI said we were the #12 team.

All we need to know about you is that you're one of the worst evaluators of coaching talent on this forum.

I look at a guy like Tracy Smith at Indiana. The guy has back to back CWS caliber teams. But he has to know that he can't maintain that forever at Indiana. The guy has earned himself a half-million dollar salary at the school of his choice. And he's only 48 years old. The guy would kill to coach at a place with Miami's history.

Arizona State went out and got a great coach who still has 20+ years on his coaching life. Meanwhile, we still have the staff that doesn't get out of regionals. Woo hoo.

In 4 years at Arizona State, Tracy Smith has 2 Regional appearances and 2 losing seasons.

In 22 years as a head coach, he has advanced out of a Regional exactly one time.

You can't make this stuff up.

Add this to his praise for lovable losers like Rob Cooper and it gets even better.

All we need to know about you is that you're one of the worst evaluators of coaching talent on this forum.

In 4 years at Arizona State, Tracy Smith has 2 Regional appearances and 2 losing seasons.

In 22 years as a head coach, he has advanced out of a Regional exactly one time.

You can't make this stuff up.

Add this to his praise for lovable losers like Rob Cooper and it gets even better.

When those guys take CWS programs and drive them into a ditch, let me know.

Advertisement
Tracy Smith took over CWS program Arizona State and in year 3 and 4 had back-to-back losing seasons.

:LOL:

They were not a CWS program under Esmay. Do a little research. In fact, they were still feeling the effects of Murphy's probation. This stuff is all online.

Kind of looks like Jim Morris at Georgia Tech.

"What about....!"

It's great that all of your man-crushes are getting these big jobs so we can laugh when they fail. It's real easy to take shots from the cheap seats but Tracy Smith (and now Mark Kingston) have to eat at the big boy table.

"What about....!"

It's great that all of your man-crushes are getting these big jobs so we can laugh when they fail. It's real easy to take shots from the cheap seats but Tracy Smith (and now Mark Kingston) have to eat at the big boy table.

Jim Morris misses the postseason in back to back seasons. The response? "What about Tracy Smith????"

"What about....!" is exactly right.

Advertisement
They were not a CWS program under Esmay. Do a little research. In fact, they were still feeling the effects of Murphy's probation. This stuff is all online.

They went to the CWS in Esmay's first season.

Doesn't matter.

I knew you were going to say that.

But your dishonesty can't erase the fact that Arizona State has the 3rd most CWS appearances in history and is a blue blood program.

Despite this, your hero drove them into a ditch in 3 short seasons.

In Mark Kingston's first year, he took a #2 seed and went to the final game on the road against a National Seed. That is something that Jim Morris could not accomplish once in his Decade of Destruction. Not once.

Do a little research.

Everybody knows that between us, you're the one who has to do the research.

Esmay made the Regionals every year at Arizona State (only missing it in 2012 because of postseason ban).

Tracy Smith turned that into back-to-back losing seasons.

Advertisement
They went to the CWS in Esmay's first season.

Doesn't matter.

I knew you were going to say that.

But your dishonesty can't erase the fact that Arizona State has the 3rd most CWS appearances in history and is a blue blood program.

Despite this, your hero drove them into a ditch in 3 short seasons.

So Esmay drove them into a ditch while dealing with probation. And Tracy Smith is supposed to turn it around immediately.

But in year 25.........

Everybody knows that between us, you're the one who has to do the research.

Esmay made the Regionals every year at Arizona State (only missing it in 2012 because of postseason ban).

Tracy Smith turned that into back-to-back losing seasons.

So Esmay's tenure was better than Jim Coker's last five years.

Again....

Jim Morris misses the postseason twice to end his career, but "WHAT ABOUT TRACY SMITH?????"

So predictable.

Advertisement
Back