Pitt the third

Advertisement
As I've already said, many times, you're a liar.

2007 is not equivalent to 2012.

And I've never defended the latter while you desperately try to defend the former.

All I said about the former is that one weekend is a small sample size. 17 years, on the other hand, is not.

In most cases I get banned.

In this case it's not necessary to tell you my personal business.

But continue shucking and jiving. It's all you can do.

Ah, yes, your personal business just happened to coincide with DiMare's failures. But win a series against Pitt, here he comes.

Advertisement
Facts. You, CTCANE, and canproponent all disappeared, then suddenly reappeared Sunday.

I don't care what other people do. I know why I was unavailable and it's not because of wins and losses. I was here on Sunday after the North Carolina losses.

But keep deflecting from your incompetence.

Advertisement
It was to prove a point that fielding matters because an idiot made a comment that fielding doesn't matter trying to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Italso shows how far the gap really is for a team that is jus 10 points better in fielding than Miami. Fielding errors have cost us 2-3 games already. Two of them in conference (NC State game 3 and Pitt game 2).

It takes all 3 facets of the game to win a championship. That is the goal. The most critical is pitching which has been inconsistent and wasn't very good against Pitt with the exception of VanBelle and perhaps Veliz. However, pitching won't matter if you don't play good defense. A couple of errors and a home run and you've just given up 3 runs. Obviously, to win a game you have to score, so hitting is important as well.

Right now this team's offense is carrying the wins because the pitching and defense has been spotty. When this offense has an off night, this team loses to teams like Columbia. Great pitching and great defense will keep you in games. Pitching and defense should be the foundation of any team because they should be your easiest areas of consistency.

When Miami or any team is leading late in the game, it is the pitching and defense that closes out the game not the hitting.

Definitely not. In college baseball, pitching and batting are paramount.... then fielding.

A 96% fielding percentage versus one of 98% does not increase the odds of winning a championship in a statistically significant manner......... That is the acme of foolishness. This is not even minor league ball. In the MLB, you tolerate Ozzie's 0.245 average because he catches everything.

In college, you can boot the ball all over the field and still win 40+ games with 3 aces and a team that bats better than 0.315 during the course of the season. Burrels teams had some horrific fielders (and two elite infielders as well).

Definitely not. In college baseball, pitching and batting are paramount.... then fielding.

A 96% fielding percentage versus one of 98% does not increase the odds of winning a championship in a statistically significant manner......... That is the acme of foolishness. This is not even minor league ball. In the MLB, you tolerate Ozzie's 0.245 average because he catches everything.

In college, you can boot the ball all over the field and still win 40+ games with 3 aces and a team that bats better than 0.315 during the course of the season. Burrels teams had some horrific fielders (and two elite infielders as well).
Your response is anododal. Like I said, 2 conference games have been lost due to late inning errors that provided comeback wins for NC State and Pitt.

Your response is anododal. Like I said, 2 conference games have been lost due to late inning errors that provided comeback wins for NC State and Pitt.

That is not true. I watched those games. NC State did not score 4 runs in the bottom of the ninth due to errors. The errors compounded the problem of the pitching, but pitching was the primary culprit.

Advertisement
In 2007, Vanderbilt was a #1 seed overall. In 2012, UM was seeded #16.

How does that even compare? That is idiocy on an epic scale.

Also, during 2012, Miami lost to Stony Brook, who beat the overall #7 seed LSU and then advanced to Omaha. Miami lost to a team who beat the #7 seed at home in Baton Rouge.

seven players from the Stony Brook baseball team were selected in the MLB Draft including first round draftee Travis Jankowski.

Miami lost to a much better team as did LSU. It happens!

That is not true. I watched those games. NC State did not score 4 runs in the bottom of the ninth due to errors. The errors compounded the problem of the pitching, but pitching was the primary culprit.
If an error wasn't made late in the NC State game there would have been 2 outs and nobody on. Instead, only 1 out and a runner on 1st. Then the NC State rally began. No way they would have had that rally with 2 outs. At some point the 3rd out would have been made before trying or taking the lead.

By your analogy, there could have been 3 straight errors to load the bases, then blame the pitcher for giving up 3 hits to lose the game. It doesn't work that way. That's why they're called "unearned runs."

If an error wasn't made late in the NC State game there would have been 2 outs and nobody on. Instead, only 1 out and a runner on 1st. Then the NC State rally began. No way they would have had that rally with 2 outs. At some point the 3rd out would have been made before trying or taking the lead.

By your analogy, there could have been 3 straight errors to load the bases, then blame the pitcher for giving up 3 hits to lose the game. It doesn't work that way. That's why they're called "unearned runs."
The official scoring agrees with this, with only one of the four runs against NC State scored as earned. The defense could easily have cost us the game on Sunday as well. There should have been three outs before Veliz faced Washington. It's not hard to imagine Washington hitting a flare that falls in the outfield or a ball sneaking through the infield even if Veliz doesn't make a mistake pitch.

Advertisement
In 2007, Vanderbilt was a #1 seed overall. In 2012, UM was seeded #16.

How does that even compare? That is idiocy on an epic scale.

Also, during 2012, Miami lost to Stony Brook, who beat the overall #7 seed LSU and then advanced to Omaha. Miami lost to a team who beat the #7 seed at home in Baton Rouge.

seven players from the Stony Brook baseball team were selected in the MLB Draft including first round draftee Travis Jankowski.

Miami lost to a much better team as did LSU. It happens!

Miami lost by an even worse score to Missouri State, who didn't beat anyone else. I didn't see you mention that.

(1.) 1-out; (2.) a 4-run lead; and (3.) a fellow on first base should be the ball game..... Every single time. Hopefully, the pitching improves... Fielding cost us a run, maybe 2. Fine, even if it cost us 3, we win the game...

At least this fielding debate is within the realm of intelligence.

Gnome is comparing the #1 overall seed to a team the committee is on record as saying "received the last regional." Stony Brook beat the #7 seed overall at home in Baton Rouge. 8 Players on Stony Brook's team played minor league ball and one was a 1-st round draft pick. They were a better team. Stony Brook finished the season with a 46-11 record and Miami was 36-23. They had 9 draft picks versus our 5. Our best was a second rounder. They were better.

Gnome is a troll and a Gator. That is why he remains on ignore.

(1.) 1-out; (2.) a 4-run lead; and (3.) a fellow on first base should be the ball game..... Every single time. Hopefully, the pitching improves... Fielding cost us a run, maybe 2. Fine, even if it cost us 3, we win the game...

At least this fielding debate is within the realm of intelligence.

Gnome is comparing the #1 overall seed to a team the committee is on record as saying "received the last regional." Stony Brook beat the #7 seed overall at home in Baton Rouge. 8 Players on Stony Brook's team played minor league ball and one was a 1-st round draft pick. They were a better team. Stony Brook finished the season with a 46-11 record and Miami was 36-23. They had 9 draft picks versus our 5. Our best was a second rounder. They were better.

Gnome is a troll and a Gator. That is why he remains on ignore.

We also lost 12-2 to #3 seed Missouri State.

Advertisement
Back