Pitt the third

Advertisement
Good pitching and bad defense is tough to overcome. Bad pitching and bad defense is really tough to overcome.

Advertisement
I mean, I think it is. But have you not watched much Hurricanes baseball over the past 10-15 years? Terrible fielding isnt a new thing

Actually I’ve watched plenty and have followed the program for many years...lol. And this year’s defense is the worst, I’d say, in the past 20 or so years compared to all the ****** fielding we’ve seen during that span. It’s getting that bad.

Actually I’ve watched plenty and have followed the program for many years...lol. And this year’s defense is the worst, I’d say, in the past 20 or so years compared to all the ****** fielding we’ve seen during that span. It’s getting that bad.

It reminds me of the 1990 Detroit Tigers, when they said ***** it, we're just bringing in a bunch of bats. They didn't care how many runs they gave up. Just hit.

We are fielding at a 0.961% clip versus 0.971% in 2015 and 0.983% clip in 2016. We had nationally seeded teams both of those years....

You are quibbling about 0.015%, which is = to .00015................

Advertisement
He has struggled hitting the outside pitch all year. Hope he is figuring it out. The book is out on him.

Yep. He's much improved, but still has a ways to go. He doesnt seem to pick up the ball well, and that leads him to just guess at what/where the pitch is far too often.

You can just see there's a huge difference in his approach compared to guys like Del Castillo and Gil, who are incredibly difficult for pitchers to fool

Both this team and the 2010 team had .962 fielding percentages, and both teams were probably even worse than that % entails. But the 2012 team had a .958 fielding percentage. That's historically awful.

It's clear this is a bad defensive team. I dont think it's clear this is the worst ever. It's easy to just say 2019 because you're seeing it in the present, but 2012 is probably the correct answer

Both this team and the 2010 team had .962 fielding percentages, and both teams were probably even worse than that % entails. But the 2012 team had a .958 fielding percentage. That's historically awful.

It's clear this is a bad defensive team. I dont think it's clear this is the worst ever. It's easy to just say 2019 because you're seeing it in the present, but 2012 is probably the correct answer

You are quibbling over 0.00015.......... We are at 0.961% versus 0.971% in 2015 and 0.983% clip in 2016.

This is like the old man on the Simpsons who rages at the clouds..........

You are quibbling over 0.00015.......... We are at 0.961% versus 0.971% in 2015 and 0.983% clip in 2016.

This is like the old man on the Simpsons who rages at the clouds..........

There's a huge difference between .961 and .983.

We led the country with that latter mark in 2016. We're 201st with the former number now.

Advertisement
There's a huge difference between .961 and .983.

We led the country with that latter mark in 2016. We're 201st with the former number now.

Who cares?

It is not costing us games. I personally could care less about 200 basis points. Meaningless.

We are looking at a 10-game swing this season. Hopefully, we perform comparably in the second half of the year.

If this team is such an abomination, then stop watching. Am not sitting on Georgetown Hoya boards lamenting the decline.

We are fielding at a 0.961% clip versus 0.971% in 2015 and 0.983% clip in 2016. We had nationally seeded teams both of those years....

You are quibbling about 0.015%, which is = to .00015................
Did we win a National Championship in any of those years? We are the 3rd worst fielding team in the ACC behind Pitt and Duke as of 4/1 per . We are number 203 out of 300 in fielding percentage. That's horrible. It's nowhere good enough for a Miami program that wants to compete on a national level.

NCAA Baseball Ranking Summary

These errors cost us games. Most recently game 3 vs NC State and arguably game 2 vs Pitt. These 1-3 errors per game lead to more opponent runs, extended innings, increased pitch counts for our pitchers who already struggle with walks. Put the walks with the errors and that's a recipe for disaster. The offense is what is keeping this team in games. Otherwise, this would be a .500 team at best like the last 2 years.

This team is far more talented than the past 2 years. I believe they will challenge for a national title next year. It could be possible this year, but the fielding is not good enough and the pitching has been inconsistent.

Advertisement
The Canes have fielded at .962 or worse and gone to Omaha and competed on a national level.

At some point you just have to know more of what you're talking about.
You are clueless. It's like saying Oklahoma has made it to the CFP the past 2 years. We all know their defense sucked. There was no way they could win a title.

Just because you get to Omaha that doesn't make you good enough to win a title. That takes all 3 facets of the game: hitting, pitching and fielding. The Canes are doing 1 of 3 well right now. That won't get it done. It won't get you out of a regional if you even get there in the first place.

I've played baseball in Div-1 and was a 4 year starter. I've watched nearly every Miami game for the past 4 years.

I know baseball.

If you don't know? You don't know!!!

You are clueless. It's like saying Oklahoma has made it to the CFP the past 2 years. We all know their defense sucked. There was no way they could win a title.

Just because you get to Omaha that doesn't make you good enough to win a title. That takes all 3 facets of the game: hitting, pitching and fielding. The Canes are doing 1 of 3 well right now. That won't get it done. It won't get you out of a regional if you even get there in the first place.

I've played baseball in Div-1 and was a 4 year starter. I've watched nearly every Miami game for the past 4 years.

I know baseball.

If you don't know? You don't know!!!

He doesn't like to talk about the fact that we haven't won more than one game in Omaha since 2001.

Oklahoma has competed on a national level for many years with far below average defenses.

You said we were nowhere near good enough defensively to compete on a national level.

You were wrong.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Advertisement
Back