Pitt Preview

It definitely is, but I'm banking on Pickett's health as the X factor to the game that we can exploit.

If he doesn't play, we'll steamroll Pitt, if he does play he's a wounded animal that we need to attack as much as possible which will hamper their offense & we can force turnovers.

To me, this game will be all about Diaz, Lashlee & Baker doing their jobs & getting the kids to play inspired ****ed off Football. If we come out lackadaisical then we'll be in for a dog fight.

We're at home with a Noon kickoff, we should be ready to whoop Pitt's *** from the coin flip. There's no excuses for us not to win this game, to me everything will 100% be on coaching.

that's it, right there.

Advertisement
Very good preview. Which I expect from Hurricane " brother man. " huh?

But I beg to disagree on the final score prediction. As everyone knows, Pitt. has played Miami tough the past several seasons and I expect the same ol' same ol' on Saturn high noon.

In other words, Miami probably wins by a TD. Or maybe by eight or nine points. But NOT by double-digits as the vast majority of Miami fans think they will win by and what not.

Oh. One more notion. Caveat Emptor regarding the - 10 1/2 point spread!!

Also, an INTANGIBLE of the unworldly degree. huh? Mighty Pitt could just as well undefeated coming into the game ( Lady Luck wasn't with them in those two " one point " losses. ). So I would take that intangible into consideration if Miami degenerate decides the " lay the points. " Because the law of averages tend to " balance out " eventually. huh?... What the F' is meth head yapping about, again. Talking crap about mother F'in law of averages and what not. Something he DON'T know Jack Chit about!!

Miami 30, Pitt 21
The spread is 13.5. As of today and yes our canes win by 3 touchdowns.

It definitely is, but I'm banking on Pickett's health as the X factor to the game that we can exploit.

If he doesn't play, we'll steamroll Pitt, if he does play he's a wounded animal that we need to attack as much as possible which will hamper their offense & we can force turnovers.

To me, this game will be all about Diaz, Lashlee & Baker doing their jobs & getting the kids to play inspired ****ed off Football. If we come out lackadaisical then we'll be in for a dog fight.

We're at home with a Noon kickoff, we should be ready to whoop Pitt's *** from the coin flip. There's no excuses for us not to win this game, to me everything will 100% be on coaching.

I'm putting the least game on coaching and this one. Miami was out coached badly last week I wanna see how the team specifically LaSalle bounces back. Check that... I wanna see hoe the coaches and players bounce back from this one. If Miami comes out flat I'm blaming Diaz 100%

lashlee completely failed vs clemson in having any plays whatsoever to get the ball in the hands of our playmakers. sounds great to say that our WRs need to make plays -- personally i would love to see our OC come up w/ ways to get the ball to the guys on our offense who we know are good: harris, knighton, chaney, jordan (if he plays), and mallory. it can't just be brevin running out routes and half hearted inside hand offs to our RBs. didn't work last week and it doesn't sound like it will work this week either. lashlee needs to show he has some ideas beyond the base offense.

image.jpeg

Pitt Depth Chart for Miami; It's still game day decision for Pickett (expect him to start though)

Advertisement
Great breakdown. Excellent analysis.

Overall, Pitt has a strong stout Defense that has shut down the Run against every team they've played except for Louisville who was able to bust a couple of long run plays, but otherwise they simply are a very hard to team the run ball on.
However, they have given up 697yds through the air in the last 2 games vs NC St & BC are susceptible to the Deep ball, but here's the problem, Miami doesn't have a Deep ball element in our passing game (yet). So what should we do offensively? IMO, I would take a page out of UCF's book who gained 423yds (338yds passing) on them last year, obviously we'll go Tempo but I think we need more 4/5-wide sets & use a lot of quick routes, slants/hitches etc & Bubble screens to slow down their pass rush. As far as running the ball, I suggest we stretch zone & try to find cutback lanes & just chop block the fck outta them, if we plan on running any Inside Zones it will undoubtedly get stuffed at the line or for a loss in the backfield. Try to get Cam on some outside runs & get him in the open field to bust one.

I am in agreement which means that on Saturday we won't see any 4-5 wide or quick slants, hitches or bubbles. It also means we will try to force the inside zone which will be stuffed.

Sorry. I'm in a foul mood. Want to be proven wrong.

Advertisement
Back