Pitt Game Day - Week 12

View as article

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
It's Black Friday, and Miami closes out the regular season in the Steel City. Get hyped...yinz chatter.

97.jpg

Those of you who manage to wake up from your tryptophan induced coma will have the fortune of catching UM put a bow on the 2013 regular season. That is of course assuming you didn't get trampled to death at some Best Buy last night. In case you haven't heard, it's supposed to be pretty cold by kickoff. The high in Pittsburgh is expected to be 32 degrees and will drop below 30 as the game goes on. If I see this team come out in long sleeves, ski masks, and hand warmers (like the 2010 Sun Bowl) I'll probably vomit.

98.jpg

Where: Heinz Field

Who: Miami Hurricanes (8-3) vs. Pitt Panthers (6-5)

When: 3:30 pm/et

How:
99.jpg

Official message for this game:

356.jpg

Not winning the Coastal (again) with this schedule is pretty bad. The best we can do now is finish the year with a win and hope for some help. At the very least it gives us some positive momentum heading into whichever bowl we get sent to. It also keeps a 10 win season alive for us, so there's that. Just win dammit.

Last time they met: September 23, 2010

[video=youtube;LIGQDuK-Mic]www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIGQDuK-Mic[/video]

What people were saying after our glorious victory:

We weren't around for this game in 2010, so I once again turned to CanesOverHere for reference. From the official game day thread:

numbers said:
Every complaint anyone here has about Miami and the coaching? Team discipline and fundamentals? Take it, double it, square it, add a couple more zeroes on the end, and that's Wannstedt and his staff.

And to think Dee offered him a 10 year deal at $2M a year in 2001. We'd still have him, and unlike Coker, he might easily have Butched a game away in '01.

That Pitt team was the definition of awful. One last thing about the game in 2010 was the NASTY leg injury Pitt linebacker Dan Mason suffered.

[video=youtube;NxNIBl3tRjg]www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxNIBl3tRjg[/video]

In case you were wondering, that's what a dislocated kneecap looks like. He also had some nerve and ligament damage from all of that. The poor guy suffered another season ending injury last year (lacerated liver). He was booted from the team over the summer, apparently for some off the field issues. If you give up a kneecap and a liver for your school, you should get a lifetime pass to be a knucklehead IMHO.​

Know your enemy: Cardiac Hill

What they're saying:

Over the weekend, I expected Pitt to be underdogs against Miami despite the Panthers' win over Syracuse and that's the case heading into this weekend's game. The Panthers were three-point underdogs to Miami as of Sunday. When you think about it, that's probably about where the line should be. Miami looks like a better team and if we're being honest, I could even see the Hurricanes as bigger favorites heading into Heinz Field.

Miami proved they're not an elite team with 'comfortable' losses to Florida State, Virginia Tech, and Duke, but as I said in the preview earlier this week, I do think they're a better team than the Panthers right now. Pitt has just been so up and down and even with Duke Johnson being out, the Panthers sitting as underdogs isn't a huge shock.

Another factor is that Devin Street isn't 100% and Tom Savage likely isn't, either. With those kinds of question marks to an offense that's been so up and down, it's not hard to see why Pitt isn't favored here.

That bolded portion is probably the nicest way to describe the 3 game losing streak we had to begin the month of November.

10.png
Miami Notes

1. Hobbled Hurricanes wish to finish the season strong.
2. The Hurricanes are grateful for many things as the season ends.
3. UM says weather wont be used as an excuse.

52.png
Pitt Notes

1. Pitt isn't satisfied with just being bowl eligible.
2. Pitt hopes that a win can improve their bowl destination.
3. QB Tom Savage is showing his toughness.

Favorite Pitt related Image, Photoshop, Video or Gif:

464.gif

Ocarina of Time 4-life.

10.png
Miami Roster Stuff

2 Deep Depth Chart

Miami Injuries
DatePosPlayerInjuryStatus
11/27/13OLDanny IsidoraFootProbable
11/27/13DBArtie BurnsAnkleProbable
11/26/13DBLadarius GunterNeckOut Indefinitely
11/26/13DBCorn ElderKneeOut For Season
11/25/13DBNate DortchKneeOut For Season
11/24/13WRPhillip DorsettKneeQuestionable
11/24/13LBAlex FigueroaArmQuestionable
11/03/13RBDuke JohnsonAnkleOut For Season
08/15/13OLHunter KnightonShoulderOut For Season

52.png
Pitt Roster Stuff

2 Deep Depth Chart

Pitt Injuries
DatePosPlayerInjuryStatus
11/26/13OLAdam BisnowatyBackDoubtful
11/26/13LBEjuan PriceBackDoubtful
11/26/13LBShane GordonUndisclosedQuestionable
11/26/13TEScott OrndoffLegDoubtful
11/24/13OLCory KingUndisclosedQuestionable
11/24/13WRDevin StreetElbowQuestionable
10/11/13OLGabe RobertsShoulderOut Indefinitely
09/26/13DLDevin CookKneeOut For Season
08/23/13QBTraVon ChapmanDisciplinaryDismissed

Game Day Character:

Henry Larson said:
Well, opinions are like ********, honey. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks.

21.jpg

[video=youtube;qfNMsVdRmeU]www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNMsVdRmeU[/video]

Allons-y

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not a mention of the greatest DT in college football, Aaron Donald? Lulz

Good job as usual sir. I really hope this team comes out feeling that they still have something to play for. And you can guarantee Steven Morris will have a ski mask over his face.

Advertisement
I've heard that the Pitt center has been able to get the ball into the QBs's hands almost 100% of the time.

This does not bode well for our defense.

Advertisement
Back