Pitt 3-star commit CB Shadarian Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Meh. We could do better
He played quarterback at his last stop. . This is first full year playing cb and he’s been great. Which is impressive with him being so new to the position He’s raw but has unreal potential. Props to Pitt and Narduzzi seeing this one so early, when they didn’t have a lot to go on. That staff is known for finding this raw , sleepers with untapped potential. They find raw athletic kids that have potential , prototypical size and mold them.

He’s 6’2 185 and a very good athlete. Somebody I know involved in coaching told me “he’s probably the best athlete on the team“ and that’s counting Tyler Williams and Mcclain. His exact wording is “ he’s different“.

Imo this one has Zo written all over it. Our staff was blown away by him when they went to his playoff game to watch CM.

He’s played quarterback majority of his career. This is first full year playing cb and he’s been great. Which is impressive with him being so new to the position He’s raw but has unreal potential. Props to Pitt and Narduzzi seeing this one so early, when they didn’t have a lot to go on. That staff is known for finding this raw , sleepers with untapped potential. They find raw athletic kids that have potential , prototypical size and mold them.

He’s 6’2 185 and a very good athlete. Somebody I know involved in coaching told me “he’s probably the best athlete on the team“ and that’s counting Tyler Williams and Mcclain. His exact wording is “ he’s different“.

Imo this one has Zo written all over it. Our staff was blown away by him when they went to his playoff game to watch CM.
I just don't get how a kid who plays at such a prominent program with a top 2 and top 100 national player and goes under the radar.

I just don't get how a kid who plays at such a prominent program with a top 2 and top 100 national player and goes under the radar.
Its kinda crazy he has the offers he does , i mean this is his first full year at cb. He doesn’t have much film at the position. Narduzzi makes a killing taking these type recruits. . He’ll search a recruit out , evaluate , redshirt and then develop them into a **** of a player.

Pit doesn’t get access to highly rated sure things so the coaches have to be creative , finding recruits albeit raw but have prototypical size and athletic ability. He has unlimited potential. Mark Dantonio was the king of this at MSU. Constructing the player to fit his program / scheme.

Advertisement
First year playing the position as others have noted… plus gotta imagine the scouts are **** bent on keeping their horse blinders on CM and how he’s doing in coverage and being completely unaware of the rest of the action

Yeah because we’ve had former nfl personnel guys evaluating players before. I mean Zo was literally a VP of personnel at the highest level . What does he know about scouting ? No difference between Manny huh?
Look, I like Zo. Think he can do some good things. Did his personnel choices blow you away in the league? Did his evals win something of value? He was with the browns when they sucked and the Seahawks when they sucked. It’s the same as saying a coach is qualified “because he has NFL experience.” Ok, could be a good thing, could be meaningless.

And the “if this coach wants him then I want him” has been done way before Manny. Way before.

Look, I like Zo. Think he can do some good things. Did his personnel choices blow you away in the league? Did his evals win something of value? He was with the browns when they sucked and the Seahawks when they sucked. It’s the same as saying a coach is qualified “because he has NFL experience.” Ok, could be a good thing, could be meaningless.

And the “if this coach wants him then I want him” has been done way before Manny. Way before.
He was never a GM, so we’ll never know. I do know the teams he was on took canes who for the most part succeeded in those systems and obviously he scouted those guys.

Advertisement
He played quarterback at his last stop. . This is first full year playing cb and he’s been great. Which is impressive with him being so new to the position He’s raw but has unreal potential. Props to Pitt and Narduzzi seeing this one so early, when they didn’t have a lot to go on. That staff is known for finding this raw , sleepers with untapped potential. They find raw athletic kids that have potential , prototypical size and mold them.

It’s like people don’t watch Pitts CBs they play man like 70% of the time if Narduzi wants this kid I want him

You have a point there Inday. But, he did spend a lot of time in front office jobs in the NFL. So he must have done something right... To stay employed for the years he has.

Advertisement
On top of that it gets use in the door at Lakeland even more. Which is something we’ve never experienced lol. They have some really good players coming down the road.
Legit 3* CB prospect one of the best u can take a flyer on. Athletic profile is exactly what u want

Is this some kind of schtick you’re attempting to get going or what Indy? You’ve talked about how you and Cribby text/talk off the boards about info so I’m sure you have way better scoop than what’s public on the boards

Alright, in that case I'm sold. If it's a Zo eval then I'm 100% bought in. That sounds like NFL upside.

Advertisement

Eat a snickers. You’re not you when you’re hungry.

Don’t let the mopes win

I’ve been waiting for a take like this for a while. Because I’ve had this thought myself ever since people were pushing for Zo as AD.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Zo addition. But seems like people are acting like the guy was GM of a dynasty that continuously took undrafted players and turned them into pro bowlers.

I’d love a deep dive into the actual decisions Zo has made/influenced at the NFL level to get a better understanding of how good of an evaluator he truly is.

Its kinda crazy he has the offers he does , i mean this is his first full year at cb. He doesn’t have much film at the position. Narduzzi makes a killing taking these type recruits. . He’ll search a recruit out , evaluate , redshirt and then develop them into a **** of a player.

Pit doesn’t get access to highly rated sure things so the coaches have to be creative , finding recruits albeit raw but have prototypical size and athletic ability. He has unlimited potential. Mark Dantonio was the king of this at MSU. Constructing the player to fit his program / scheme.
Matt Campbell does the same. Player development is key. Something that has been missing at UM for years outside of one or two positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back