Pitching Rotation

Out. Throwing a simulated game tomorrow. If it goes well he might pitch next week, and if it doesn’t he’s probably done for the season
Dang had hoped he'd make a surprise cameo tonight.

Advertisement
I did not realize this team is 26-4 at home. Man do we need to host the regional.
Agreed. They seem to be a much different team at home. That's why it's annoying how the final innings played out last night. Felt like a must win game. Now need to somehow win what seems like two bullpen games

Advertisement
Rosario was in uniform today and wore some type of sleeve. Looked fine.

More importantly though, and nothing that scane didn't already report, but still nice to see it on twitter:

Great news that it went well

Rosario wasn’t horrible this week, but after today I’d rather give Gallo another start in our non-Ziehl pool game. It’s the last chance before regionals to see if he’s really turned the corner, and for some reason we win when he starts.

Advertisement
Rosario wasn’t horrible this week, but after today I’d rather give Gallo another start in our non-Ziehl pool game. It’s the last chance before regionals to see if he’s really turned the corner, and for some reason we win when he starts.
Agree.

At least he throws strikes more consistently, and when he's missing, it's not over the heart of the plate. And I thought he was squeezed a few times today, but still pitched well and after a lengthy delay.

Assuming we make it to Saturday, you just taking your chances with Rosario against Wake?

Assuming we make it to Saturday, you just taking your chances with Rosario against Wake?
Based on Gino’s comments yesterday, Ligon sounds somewhat more likely to be available next week than Rosario if you get to the semis, but I’m treating it like a bullpen game with an opener for that one either way.

Based on Gino’s comments yesterday, Ligon sounds somewhat more likely to be available next week than Rosario if you get to the semis, but I’m treating it like a bullpen game with an opener for that one either way.
I think I’d have Ligon start in the semis and have Gallo be long relief right behind him. Id start Chestnutt in the other pool game, assuming it doesn’t matter. If you get to the finals just hand Rosario the ball and hope he can go 3. Really no other choice.

Advertisement
Advertisement

*Sees third potential starter*
giphy.gif

For me, Gallo should go into the regional as your third starter behind Ziehl and Ligon. He gives us a chance to compete that Rosario often doesn’t. Rosario and pray only if you need to play more than three games.

It’s really a remarkable turnaround for Gallo. He still isn’t perfect, but he and JD deserve a lot of credit for getting him back to workable.

Advertisement
Back