Pitching Rotation

Advertisement
Strange to roll out Rosario for 2 innings yesterday if he’s going to start this weekend. Maybe they finally pulled him?

Or maybe they feel he's too rested and excited when he goes and are trying to slow him down? No idea. At least its a different approach, the definition of insanity and all. Or maybe as @AllAboutTheU13 said we're keeping him in the conversation to mess with Duke.

Here's tonight's matchup and a little bit about the Dook starter. Not a fan of the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" pitching matchup game but here it is:
Duke – RHP – Alex Gow 3-3 4.80
Miami – RHP – Greg Ziehl

Transferred from Kenyon College… North Coast Athletic Conference Pitcher of the Year… 2nd Team All-Region Utility… 3rd Team All-American Utility... Career .335 average at the plate, driving in 84 RBI and 40 extra-base hits... Career 3.55 ERA with a 10-9 record on the mound... Recorded 198 strikeouts and held opponents to a .216 average at the plate his junior season...

Advertisement
Duke does a little bit of everything well. Great Def, Very good pitching, smart team who typically run the bases pretty aggressively and well. Offensively so-so but opportunistic. They stand on the plate if guys are struggling and dare you to pitch inside and then you walk a guy, they get a single and then a 3 run home run and you are down 5-1 in the 4th and you wonder what happened because it wasnt flashy.

Their closer is going to push Walters for Stopper of the year. Him and the kid from KState have very good numbers. Hopefully we get a chance to a bit to his era

Last edited:
Duke does a little bit of everything well. Great Def, Very good pitching, smart team who typically run the bases pretty aggressively and well. Offensively so-so but opportunistic. They stand on the plate if guys are struggling and dare you to pitch inside and then you walk a guy, they get a single and then a 3 run home run and you are down 5-1 in the 4th and you wonder what happened because it wasnt flashy.

Their closer is going to push Walters for Stopper of the year. Him and the kid from KState have very good numbers. Hopefully we get a chance to a bit to his era
HUGE plus that we have them at The Light...I think we win 2-3, no problem. Possibly sweep, Duke has lost 5 of last 10, including 2 against Ga Tech, 1 against Rider & 1 against Gardner Webb, at home.

I like us to finish strong.

HUGE plus that we have them at The Light...I think we win 2-3, no problem. Possibly sweep, Duke has lost 5 of last 10, including 2 against Ga Tech, 1 against Rider & 1 against Gardner Webb, at home.

I like us to finish strong.

This is the type of series we usually drop 2-1. Hope to see some growth and capitalize on the slumping dookies.

Advertisement
Here's tonight's matchup and a little bit about the Dook starter. Not a fan of the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" pitching matchup game but here it is:
Duke – RHP – Alex Gow 3-3 4.80
Miami – RHP – Greg Ziehl

Transferred from Kenyon College… North Coast Athletic Conference Pitcher of the Year… 2nd Team All-Region Utility… 3rd Team All-American Utility... Career .335 average at the plate, driving in 84 RBI and 40 extra-base hits... Career 3.55 ERA with a 10-9 record on the mound... Recorded 198 strikeouts and held opponents to a .216 average at the plate his junior season...
I grew up close to Kenyon (in Ohio - great English department, beautiful campus, sports....not so much). Most HS teams in Dade with a decent baseball team would light them up like a Christmas tree. Need to look at his body of work at Duke, because him balling at Kenyon is meaningless. #GoCanes!!!

I grew up close to Kenyon (in Ohio - great English department, beautiful campus, sports....not so much). Most HS teams in Dade with a decent baseball team would light them up like a Christmas tree. Need to look at his body of work at Duke, because him balling at Kenyon is meaningless. #GoCanes!!!
I put his Duke numbers there as well. He’s basically a middling caliber starter. 3-3 4.80

They might have to push the game up an hour or so. Radar not looking good at 9 p.m.
I love that ACC Network is carrying the crucial Louisville -FSU game tonight as FSU makes a bid to win the ACC Atlantic.😂

This happened to Miami in basketball too one night when they showed a 1 win v 2 win or something Louisville v FSU basketball game over UM v NCState I believe. 😂

Advertisement
I love that ACC Network is carrying the crucial Louisville -FSU game tonight as FSU makes a bid to win the ACC Atlantic.😂

This happened to Miami in basketball too one night when they showed a 1 win v 2 win or something Louisville v FSU basketball game over UM v NCState I believe. 😂
Example #2036 that this conference is a pillar to post disaster.

ACC Network is a joke, as is the conference. Sounds like a lot of current members seem to agree based on the recent article.

Advertisement
Out. Throwing a simulated game tomorrow. If it goes well he might pitch next week, and if it doesn’t he’s probably done for the season
He kinda had dead arm the end of the last season. I wonder if his arm just can’t handle the workload of a starter.

Advertisement
Back