Pitt Projected Starters
RHP Jack Sokol
RHP Logan Evans
RHP Kyle Mosley

Opponent Projected Starters
RHP Gage Ziehl
RHP Alejandro Rosario
TBD

I'd prefer a few innings vs Duke and/or ACC tourney. As much as his FB tails, he'd probably have trouble w his command if he's off that long. And I trust they won't trot him out there until he's not at risk of serious injury.
Ideally it would probably be Duke and then a light bullpen ACC Tourney week. I’ll be mildly surprised if he’s back this year, but here’s to hoping.

Advertisement
Chestnutt the starter against FIU? Probably too many pitches to send Gallo out intending for length. Leq was a little extended too. Torres could be an option but not a ton of rest before Duke.

Chestnutt the starter against FIU? Probably too many pitches to send Gallo out intending for length. Leq was a little extended too. Torres could be an option but not a ton of rest before Duke.
How about Ligon for 2. As long as he is under 40 pitches he can come back Sunday vs Duke for another 3-4. Ligon, Chestnutt, Torres. In a perfect world we use a lesser used arm or 2 if we get up big and not even need Torres.

How about Ligon for 2. As long as he is under 40 pitches he can come back Sunday vs Duke for another 3-4. Ligon, Chestnutt, Torres. In a perfect world we use a lesser used arm or 2 if we get up big and not even need Torres.
Suppose it could be a live version of his bullpen and then go again Saturday. I guess I’m still mentally in wait and see mode as to whether we’ll see him again this season.

Advertisement
I guess we’re too late in the year to change the rotation but in a regional I sure hope Rosario is used as a last resort starter (yes I know he’s thrown well in regionals)

I guess we’re too late in the year to change the rotation but in a regional I sure hope Rosario is used as a last resort starter (yes I know he’s thrown well in regionals)
Sunday afternoon winner take all in regionals and it will be Rosario.

We dont start him in the first 3 games where he has struggled, then throw him in the biggest game of regionals where he has been OK.

Everyone wins!

Sunday afternoon winner take all in regionals and it will be Rosario.

We dont start him in the first 3 games where he has struggled, then throw him in the biggest game of regionals where he has been OK.

Everyone wins!
Throw him game 1. If we can't beat gulf coast on Thursday with him throwing, we can't beat generic sec team on Sunday.

Steal Thursday. Ziehl shoves Friday. Hopefully bullpen game ends it. If we get to the 4th game, tell Ligon to take an extra toradol.

Advertisement
Chestnutt is the final winner of midweek starter roulette. Thanks for playing this season!

*If they play. Looks like about a 50% chance of rain tonight. I’m still debating whether I want to bother chancing having to wait out a potential rain/lightning delay.

*If they play. Looks like about a 50% chance of rain tonight. I’m still debating whether I want to bother chancing having to wait out a potential rain/lightning delay.
Is conf USA TV an option tonight and are the camera angles worth paying for?

Advertisement
No named starter for either team beyond tomorrow. Gino was noncommittal on Rosario starting. I can’t tell whether we’re in a petty fight with Duke over announcing starters or Duke is in a petty fight with us. Also, includes his comments on Ligon from the other thread.

Not pitching related: Carrier has been out. Might DH this weekend.

Advertisement
Back