Pitching Rotation

Advertisement
I'm trying to find the silver lining - someone other than Rosario getting the start Sunday, or FIU is not good, etc?

I'm trying to find the silver lining - someone other than Rosario getting the start Sunday, or FIU is not good, etc?
I mean they are not great (11-6), played ****** competition, but they are on an 8 game win streak.

FIU has won 8 in a row and are playing very well.

We need some of these mid week games. Maybe Gallo goes out and shoves as a starter...

Advertisement
Gino did say it would be a bullpen game today…. At least Gallo isn’t in the back end of the bullpen anymore?

He also said Cyr is in the concussion protocol and not playing tonight.

Gallo has the stuff. So its part on him as we dont know what he is doing day to day at practice. But its also a reoccurring trend with JD that not many guys progress. Frankly I dont know who came in and truly left a star. Because most of our arms come in with huge upside only to plateau or fizzle. And thats not just the showcase arms. We have had a few guys who came in a bit light and a tick lower velo and some onpolished secondardy only to take a minimal step forward.

Def was encouraged after last year....but a big step back so far. Maybe tonight he can turn it around. I'd be interested to see how this staff goes about pitch design.

Advertisement
Hopefully, with a road game we can plate two or three in the top of the 1st, so whatever Gallo does you’re still in the ballgame. You don’t want a repeat of the Rosario sucker punch effect from Sunday.

I had high hopes for Gallo after last year. Amazing to see him fail so miserably to start year but also recall those attending fall scrimmages saying he was getting lit up.

Hopefully the starter role suits him better than what we’ve seen so far in 23

Advertisement
A look at Gallo's number's vs FIU: 6.00 ERA and a 2.33 WHIP. He wasn't in there long enough to put the team in an unrecoverable hole.

Advertisement
Arguelles beating Rosario on Sunday (if it isn’t rained out) would be quite something
Wow didn’t realize the forecast for Sunday was so bad 91%. Should just play two on Saturday because that Sunday looks ugly.

Advertisement
Back