Pitching Rotation

Advertisement
Makes sense, as it allows Torres to be available for long relief this weekend.
At this point he and Gallo are probably the setup guys for Walters. Rafe has been shaky, and I don’t know that Scinta has quite locked that kind of role yet although you have to imagine he will if he keeps pitching this way.

Gino says no rotation changes this weekend. The only thing I’ll say for that is you may have a better matchup differential for Ligon and Rosario going Saturday and Sunday vs Friday and Saturday, but you have to hope Ziehl can get you at the very least five Friday to avoid torching the bullpen.

Gino says no rotation changes this weekend. The only thing I’ll say for that is you may have a better matchup differential for Ligon and Rosario going Saturday and Sunday vs Friday and Saturday, but you have to hope Ziehl can get you at the very least five Friday to avoid torching the bullpen.
That game could be over by the 3rd inning if he starts the way he did the last 2 Fridays. Let's hope we see the Ziehl of his final innings vs Dartmouth.

Advertisement
I’m typically a glass half full guy, but I honestly will be satisfied if we take 1 out of 3 in Gainesville this weekend.

Torres is starting against Jacksonville
Makes sense. He's earned it. I wonder if Chestnutt follows him in relief or they save him for a weekend spot. I count 13 healthy pitchers now assuming Scintallating misses any time. Gino really likes to keep injury information close to the vest.

Advertisement
Chestnut getting his first weekend start against NC State 😬 I hope not. Haven’t seen anything from him that makes me believe he’s a weekend acc starter but I guess we don’t have any other options

Chestnut getting his first weekend start against NC State 😬 I hope not. Haven’t seen anything from him that makes me believe he’s a weekend acc starter but I guess we don’t have any other options
That's the thing: no other options. Ziehl has been terrible and Rosario regressed to the mean vs UF. Even Ligon gave up 6 runs his last start. Gallo? His ERA is 13 plus after last night. Torres and Chestnutt start to seem not so bad after all.

At least until Scinta is back, Torres needs to be the setup guy if you’re not giving him a weekend start.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Inserting Walters as a starter feels risky considering he's nursing a sore arm.

But I won't go to the game next Sunday if Rosario is the starter so there's that.

Lequerica on the cover of this promo. If I was Head Coach this is who I'd throw today and save Torres for Sunday.

FrQ6IzFXwAIAS1C

Advertisement
Back