Pitching Rotation

scane

Redshirt Freshman
Looks like Gino is going off the board for the first midweek game: “Trying to stop the Hatters will be Alejandro Torres. Torres was roughed up against the Nittany Lions in a no decision surrendering three hits and one run in the 9-5 loss to Penn State.”

He went 2.2 innings on Friday and threw 48 pitches. I don’t remember him pitching more than an inning in practice, and certainly not more than two, so this will likely be more of an “opener.” I actually thought he pitched fairly well on Friday, but they may want to show him Stetson’s opinion of the matter.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Looks like Gino is going off the board for the first midweek game: “Trying to stop the Hatters will be Alejandro Torres. Torres was roughed up against the Nittany Lions in a no decision surrendering three hits and one run in the 9-5 loss to Penn State.”

He went 2.2 innings on Friday and threw 48 pitches. I don’t remember him pitching more than an inning in practice, and certainly not more than two, so this will likely be more of an “opener.” I actually thought he pitched fairly well on Friday, but they may want to show him Stetson’s opinion of the matter.

Who goes tomorrow?

I am hoping for three innings from him and the Canes up 3 - 1, as the basketball game tips off.

Should be Chestnutt. He’s the only other pitcher besides the weekend rotation that we stretched out through the final weekend of practice.
More concerned about Chestnutt as he had control issues this past week. Perhaps why he is making the start against Indiana State and not Stetson.

Advertisement
Chestnutt is getting the start tonight
Indiana St cant hit. They have seen no arms and still are hitting under .200 and a feeble .200 at that.

Should be a good confidence builder. Throw strikes, work ahead, get some K's and ground balls, and eat up a bunch of innings so we have a full staff for the weekend (which we shouldnt need but still dont know what to expect).

I'd assume we see their ace who looks solid but not anything these guys havent seen this season. Would love another 10 spot. But a quick mid week turnaround I wouldnt be shocked at a slow start. But throwing up a crooked number in the first 3 innings would be great for Chestnutt.

Indiana St cant hit. They have seen no arms and still are hitting under .200 and a feeble .200 at that.

Should be a good confidence builder. Throw strikes, work ahead, get some K's and ground balls, and eat up a bunch of innings so we have a full staff for the weekend (which we shouldnt need but still dont know what to expect).

I'd assume we see their ace who looks solid but not anything these guys havent seen this season. Would love another 10 spot. But a quick mid week turnaround I wouldnt be shocked at a slow start. But throwing up a crooked number in the first 3 innings would be great for Chestnutt.
Supposed to be Brennyn Cutts for them. No appearances yet this year. He went 2-3 with an 8.54 ERA last season. 30K/19BB in 26.1 IP. He did have a one hit, six inning appearance against Indiana. Otherwise, no outings of more than 3.0 IP in six starts and 15 appearances.

Advertisement
Supposed to be Brennyn Cutts for them. No appearances yet this year. He went 2-3 with an 8.54 ERA last season. 30K/19BB in 26.1 IP. He did have a one hit, six inning appearance against Indiana. Otherwise, no outings of more than 3.0 IP in six starts and 15 appearances.
I guess they are still trying to get all their "top" arms innings.

Then if we follow Gino's midweek blueprint:

Despite the inferior talent, I would expect Indiana State to jump out to an early 5-run lead by the 3rd inning as they smack our pitchers all over the yard and we commit the requisite infield errors.

We will add runs late in the game off a couple of dingers from our power guys, (having not done much since hitting into double plays for most of their previous at bats. Or having tried to pull curve balls, swinging at pitches in the dirt, the usual stuff.)

It ends in the 9th with a 8-7 canes win and Gino talking about the fight and resiliency of the team in the face of of a tough opponent.

Despite the inferior talent, I would expect Indiana State to jump out to an early 5-run lead by the 3rd inning as they smack our pitchers all over the yard and we commit the requisite infield errors.

We will add runs late in the game off a couple of dingers from our power guys, (having not done much since hitting into double plays for most of their previous at bats. Or having tried to pull curve balls, swinging at pitches in the dirt, the usual stuff.)

It ends in the 9th with a 8-7 canes win and Gino talking about the fight and resiliency of the team in the face of of a tough opponent.
You were saying? Smdh

Nice call Kreskin.

Advertisement
Advertisement
ZIehl's first career start on opening night may have been a lot to handle. Even though it's Dartmouth, it would be uplifting to see him pitch into the 6th inning without allowing line drive after line drive.

Dartmouth is always near the top of the Ivy. They are coming down very confident that they can win this series. We should put up some runs. They have to replace some pretty good arms. But if our starters are “off” Dartmouth is very capable of making it a rough weekend.

My hope is it’s their opening weekend, maybe they come out a little too juiced and make some mistakes and play a little sloppy. Ziehl better be able to pitch backwards because they will be sitting dead read til he proves he can mix and locate.

Advertisement
Back