Pinckney to the Patriots

Advertisement
Pinckney is a true Cane. Hope he does well. I do think he put on a little bad weight and was poorly coached by Patke. He sold out too often for the big hit. He'll never be blazing fast. But quality coaching and the right scheme will make a difference for him. Kid is pure heart.

Pinckney is a true Cane. Hope he does well. I do think he put on a little bad weight and was poorly coached by Patke. He sold out too often for the big hit. He'll never be blazing fast. But quality coaching and the right scheme will make a difference for him. Kid is pure heart.
He wasn’t a striker, therefore he wasn’t coached by Patke as his head position coach

All this sooo he’s fast enough for the nfl talk... if you don’t realize the college game and nfl is two completely different monsters then you guys have a lot to learn.

Advertisement
I talked alot of **** about Pickney for having a rick ross belly and eating ribs all day but I'm always proud of my Canes for these accomplishments.

He wasn’t a striker, therefore he wasn’t coached by Patke as his head position coach

"Jonathan Patke is entering his third season as Miami’s outside linebackers coach and second as special teams coordinator."

Is the official team site misstating Patke's resonsibilities?

Advertisement

"Jonathan Patke is entering his third season as Miami’s outside linebackers coach and second as special teams coordinator."

Is the official team site misstating Patke's resonsibilities?
A Weakside linebacker aka a Will is considered an outside linebacker. Patke was an assistant Lb coach/ QC before becoming a full time position coach and striker coach. sOoOo yes as I said... baker coaches the Wills and Mikes. Patke isn’t responsible for those two positions as the Striker coach.

I talked alot of **** about Pickney for having a rick ross belly and eating ribs all day but I'm always proud of my Canes for these accomplishments.

Folks said he had zero interest lifting weights till senior year

Advertisement
Love The Hoodie or hate him one thing is certain. If Pinckney has a place or a niche that he can excel at in this league, Belichick will find it. I'm excited for Pinkney. He's in the right place at the right time.

Folks said he had zero interest lifting weights till senior year
I just don't understand how a 4 year starter at a P5 program like UM can just blow off the weight room and not be held accountable. What was Richt doing?

A Weakside linebacker aka a Will is considered an outside linebacker. Patke was an assistant Lb coach/ QC before becoming a full time position coach and striker coach. sOoOo yes as I said... baker coaches the Wills and Mikes. Patke isn’t responsible for those two positions as the Striker coach.
So it sounds like where most teams have a DB Coach and a LB Coach - 2 Coaches, we have 4 Coaches dedicated to those positions, including the DC, with 1 of those guys also handling Special Teams.

On the striker side, with the way Gil played, it sounds like Patke and Banda are doing the best job out of those 4 Coaches on defense. If Ivey continues what he did last week, then the weak link is Baker coaching his group.

Advertisement
Eagles, packers, Cincinnati they all could use some speed on the outside. I’m shocked Chad Thomas
If Chad Thomas wasn’t a typo, I think he hasn’t signed anywhere else because he is more interested in doing music now. If you take a look at his newest official Instagram page it’s nothing but pics of him in the studio. His old Instagram had pics of him in the studio and with the Browns.

From last years team besides him we have:

Shaq, Dallas, Osborn, Garvin all make active rosters. From the year before we had Gauthier on a practice squad and then jaquan, redwine, joe Jackson, St. Louis, and Homer all currently on active rosters.

So In 2 years alone we have 9 guys on active rosters and several more on practice squads. I don’t know how that compares with a lot of our opponents but I’m willing to bet we have as many or more than almost all of them. If that isn’t enough evidence of underutilized talent up until this year while here then I don’t know what is.

Advertisement
Back