Pick two

Advertisement
Irvin completes the WR unit and has an enormous impact in terms of leadership. Plus the guy catches everything.

Taylor is the ultimate ball hawk.

Irvin & Taylor for this team.

Advertisement
Jerome and Irvin.Put Jerome next to Bain and the other tackle DE would have 20 sacks each because of the double teaming on those two.

Irvin would require a double which would open up things for X and the TE or the WR opposite of Irvin.

Sean Taylor. No brainer because of need.

The next is a little tougher. My head defaults to Dre because we desperately need a game changing playmaker. But the same could also be said of Irvin. Or Moss.

Edge and Hester are my all time favorite Canes - Edge simply because of his greatness and Hester because I have never seen a player like him - but I don't think they address the biggest needs for THIS team.

So I'll go Andre Johnson and Sean Taylor.

Pick two from list:

ST and Dre,

Mine would be Reed (leadership need in secondary) and Dre (seemed to play taller) or Irvin

3rd would Wilfork (DL could be crazy next season), Bain, Wayne, Mesidor, Kelly getting after QB, DT's only need to be average,

Advertisement
Only 2 ****? This program has been loaded. Ed and Ray aren't even on there lol You could argue those are your two you are taking and you would probably be right.

With those actually on the list I gotta go with McKinnie and one of the DTs Sapp or Wilfork. Dre is a close 3rd.

If Mario wasn’t the coach I would say Irvin and Shockey. Restrepo would be an absolute stud number 2 receiver with them. I have faith our D is good enough with the right offense.

Unfortunately Mario is coach. Taking ST26 and Irvin.

Advertisement
View attachment 282524

Tough but for THIS team I’d go with Irvin and Wilfork.
Irvin and, even though he's not listed, Walsh. If we had Irvin and Walsh on next year's team, we are an automatic Playoff contender and easily a top 6 team overall.

With this list, I pick Irvin and Sapp. Forget the man and think of the player in his last year at the U - No one has dominated CFB from the DT position like Sapp in his last year. Sapp and Irvin make this a top 6 team easily.

Of course, I haven't really talked about Irvin because with next year's team, he immediately puts them in a different stratosphere. Still the best playmaking WR against the best talent when the lights were shining brightest and everyone was watching.

Advertisement
The one thing that I know about the U, is that we always had a lot of great players. And, If I had to pick two players for this upcoming season from the past, I would pick the players who would lead with their voices and actions, and all of our past UM great players would following them. I believe they would make everyone better and the team would not except any excuse from coaches or players.
MY LEADERS:
On offense
Michael Irvin
On Defense
Jerome Brown
I will see you in Atlanta for National Championship game.

I'm taking Wilfork and Sapp, then counting dead bodies by the end of the 3rd quarter.
I mean, that would be an awesome route to go. Can you imagine a DL with Mesidor, Bain, Sapp and Wilfork...? ZOINKS!! That right there, could put the U in the playoffs with next year's team.

Hmmm... you got me thinking... maybe you're right about these picks for next year's team...

Irvin and Taylor
This is the answer. Irvin gives Ward a go-to WR outside who can do it all, and ST26 is who he is and changes the D immediately.

The next 2 acceptable answers IMO given our roster are McGahee and Wilfork.

I mean, that would be an awesome route to go. Can you imagine a DL with Mesidor, Bain, Sapp and Wilfork...? ZOINKS!! That right there, could put the U in the playoffs with next year's team.

Hmmm... you got me thinking... maybe you're right about these picks for next year's team...
Back when we had dominant DLs is when we were competing for titles. I remember Jerome Brown, Stubbs, Medearis, Sapp, etc. The thought of Sapp, possibly the quickest DT we've ever seen, and Wilfork, the most unmovable DT we have ever seen, on the field at the same time would be serious trouble for any NFL OL, much less college. Wilfork was quick for his size as well. I mean, who are you going to double team?

Advertisement
Back