Pick two

Advertisement
In the same breath, Vince couldn't get to the QB the same way either. Sapp you have to double team every rep. Vince you could go away from and negate to a degree.
Strongly disagree. If this is only about this year's team, we don't need a DT who excells at getting to the passer. We need a DT who can plug the running lanes and keep opposing olines from mauling us upfield. There's was absolutely ZERO negating Vince in that capacity. He was unstoppable and that is exactly what this team needs. Very few Dt in the history of the game were as explosive to the passer as Warren. Just sticking to the options presented the only option is Vince. If we stuck to two period it would be Cortez or Jerome & Bennie or Sean

Advertisement
Rolle and Sapp (Sean Taylor honorable mention) because we need a hoss in the trenches on D and some CB help. I also recognize we need some Safety help - hence ST - but I have more faith in what we have on hand for safety than I do CB. I think Zaquan is gonna be a Day 1 starter and we have Big Meesh coming in.
You just move Meesh back over to corner the position he was just playing in Natty.

Going the ultra dominant at one portion of the team versus picking problem areas to fix approach:

Sapp and Wilfork. Those 2 with Bain and no offense will cross the 50.

That dline would **** out the roots of any play calling descendants from the Leach/Mumme family tree, too.

Advertisement
The first one was easy for me. With the loss of Williams and Kinchens we need S help and who better to replace them with than one of the greatest to ever do it, Sean T.

For the second one I was going to go with Olsen but then I remembered we don’t use our TE’s so his talent would be wasted. I think we need a true #1 dominant playmaker at WR so you can’t go wrong with Johnson or Irvin.

View attachment 282524

Tough but for THIS team I’d go with Irvin and Wilfork.

Give me Hester and Sapp. Easy
Hester would allow our non threatening Special teams unit to change field positions and totally change the field in our favor. He could also double as a gadget player and play a deebo samuel role on offense.
Give me Sapp. All day. Definitely going to stop the run and his interior pash rush game at his elite quickness at 300+ would be a ******* nightmare.

Guidry could do whatever tf he wanted, defensively, with Sapp. He could draw up some crazy blitzes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Safety is a far bigger issue. I was tempted to say ST & trelle. To really lock it up and trelle was a ball hawk with lock down skills. But then you have holes in your run defense. CB will only become an issue if we match up against better passing teams. I get people's concerns with cb play. But honestly cb play is heightened by a strong front. If we get that level of production out of the front 7 the cb group will play beyond its skill level regardless.
Fair enough.

Advertisement
Back