Phone call today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wanted to go to Argentina for a decade+. A big reason for that was my love of wine. But now that I don't drink, it's fallen down the list. Hope to still make it one day though.
If you love wine, steak, or sports, it's an amazing visit.

It is one of few places on earth where the most important personal identification is your club, and it is a lifelong commitment. The passion is difficult to understand until you actual experience it firsthand.

Advertisement
The defense was not that bad and definitely no where as bad as the offense. We have seen this offense start on the 14 and **** itself. Y’all got to remember these are kids and it’s easy to get discourage and not give optimal effort. It’s sad but it is what it is.

Lol
That dudes a real slapdick!! (Did I do that right?)

So you’re obvs LEO... I have an idea... that dude who hit his head at 3am, can’t ya just throw him in your trunk? U can dump him off in front of our bay doors in the AM!

Just think about it!!
And risk having to hose out the trunk. No way man.

Maybe bungee him to the roof...but really...that's a lot of work. It's easier to just call it in and wake you up.

If you love wine, steak, or sports, it's an amazing visit.

It is one of few places on earth where the most important personal identification is your club, and it is a lifelong commitment. The passion is difficult to understand until you actual experience it firsthand.
I love all of that. Wish I had visited back before booze and I broke up though. Man, do I love me some Mendoza reds!

Advertisement
And risk having to hose out the trunk. No way man.

Maybe bungee him to the roof...but really...that's a lot of work. It's easier to just call it in and wake you up.
FINE!!! we really gotta start calling u guys every time somebody gets mouthy with us. See how u like having to roll outta bed In the middle of your nap....
Oh, yea. Nvm.

Santiago felt a bit different to me compared to BA and Montevideo.

And it's too spread out, too.

In BA and Montevideo, you can walk around a bit and really see the town.

I still like Santiago, but the other 2 are my favorite cities in Latin America.

BA is #1, though, for me.

It doesn’t have that European feel like Buenos Aires or Montevideo?

This right here, Enos catches all the flack on this site and others and it is well deserved, but our defense is nearly as bad as the offense. This D has been victimized by good offenses since Diaz got here, this year we were victimized by good and mediocre offenses at times. Unfortunately, I know we will be stuck with this same crap system as long as the Cuban Shannon is here.
Part of it is because enos gets paid an exorbitant amount compared to the rest of the staff, and on other staffs across the country. Baker gets flak for the D, but he gets paid in Mcdoubles so what do you expect.

Advertisement
Is he really exaggerating? You look at the teams we lost to this year? You look at the resumes of our coaches? Bum *** sums it up pretty sure.

Yup, horrible coaching job...We also beat or lost last possession to the better teams on our schedule. So it's obviously a coaching/prep issue more than raw talent, although obv there is holes and talent overall needs to improve

I’m very happy this thread got back on track after the ****show yesterday. Hey I’ll drink to that ****tits.

DFEI ratings:

2019 - 25
2018 - 5
2017 - 15

DAY rating (total yards surrendered by the defense divided by the total yards available to be earned based on starting field position) :

2019 - 19
2018 - 8

Pretty clear step back this year. Nice try though.

Miami played Clemson in the ACCCG in 2017. The defense was disappointing especially from a gameplan perspective but there were extenuating circumstances/missed opportunities in the game that made the score worse than it should have been. LSU 2018 wasn't elite but it was a similar outcome.
Keep in mind that our defense also benefits from the glacially slow pace at which we play offense. With so many less plays in the game, we’re naturally going to look better statistically than teams with higher octane offenses that run at a much brisker tempo.

Just watch the games. Then tell me that’s a top defense. Giving up so many important conversions to horrible teams when we desperately needed stops. That’s not top shelf defense no matter what the stats say.

Chile is not very exciting if you ask me, but nonetheless a very interesting visit.
Could not disagree more. Atacama Desert was one of the most incredible places that I have ever been to, Patagonia was unreal, and their wine country was developing well. Santiago was fine, had a couple of great dinners, but the rest of the country was like nowhere else on earth.

Advertisement
Could not disagree more. Atacama Desert was one of the most incredible places that I have ever been to, Patagonia was unreal, and their wine country was developing well. Santiago was fine, had a couple of great dinners, but the rest of the country was like nowhere else on earth.
I think he’s going by city life as I probably asked about the City of Santiago and then compared it to others I. The area.

Advertisement
Keep in mind that our defense also benefits from the glacially slow pace at which we play offense. With so many less plays in the game, we’re naturally going to look better statistically than teams with higher octane offenses that run at a much brisker tempo.

Just watch the games. Then tell me that’s a top defense. Giving up so many important conversions to horrible teams when we desperately needed stops. That’s not top shelf defense no matter what the stats say.

How much time is the D picking up tho? That glacial O is a 3 and out machine. Maybe 20-30 seconds vs a tempo 3 and out?

I think he’s going by city life as I probably asked about the City of Santiago and then compared it to others I. The area.
Fair enough in that case, though Borago was one of the best meals I have ever had. But Atacama and Torres Del Paine were other worldly, and Colchagua Valley was excellent. Even some of the areas we didn't get to like Valparaiso and the Lake District looked incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back