Phone call today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weighing for schedule strength isn't nitpicking...And no I' not talking about the Wisky bowl game.

You also called playing against "elite" teams where the offense didn't show up...Who the **** fits that category...When has UM played an elite team the last 3 years?

And also you said "before this year" but argue specifically that this year has gone backwards when it is actually right there with the previous 2 years "statistically" and "advanced statistically"... So you can't pick and choose your arguements when it fits your narrative. But I'm sure you will continue to do so.

DFEI ratings:

2019 - 25
2018 - 5
2017 - 15

DAY rating (total yards surrendered by the defense divided by the total yards available to be earned based on starting field position) :

2019 - 19
2018 - 8

Pretty clear step back this year. Nice try though.

Miami played Clemson in the ACCCG in 2017. The defense was disappointing especially from a gameplan perspective but there were extenuating circumstances/missed opportunities in the game that made the score worse than it should have been. LSU 2018 wasn't elite but it was a similar outcome.

Advertisement
It’s crazy. Venezuela is loaded with oil and look at it.
That's what happens when you run a country where you make everything in the country dependant on the price of one single commodity.

But it's really our fault for finally deciding to open up our resources. Not the corruption of their own government, cartels, and gangs.

DFEI ratings:

2019 - 25
2018 - 5
2017 - 15

DAY rating (total yards surrendered by the defense divided by the total yards available to be earned based on starting field position) :

2019 - 19
2018 - 8

Miami played Clemson in the ACCCG in 2017. The defense was disappointing especially from a gameplan perspective but there were extenuating circumstances/missed opportunities in the game that made the score worse than it should have been. LSU 2018 wasn't elite but it was a similar outcome.

So 1 elite in 3 years? Gotcha...And the defense was just as bad as offensive as defenselively

OK so you chose FEI...so I'll choose SP+

2017- 16
2018- 14
2019- 13

So like I said comparable. And I agree with you '19 was the worse...But we definitely didn't fall off a cliff.

Advertisement
So 1 elite in 3 years? Gotcha...And the defense was just as bad as offensive as defenselively

OK so you chose FEI...so I'll choose SP+

2017- 16
2018- 14
2019- 13

So like I said comparable. And I agree with you '19 was the worse...But we definitely didn't fall off a cliff.

2018 DFEI - 0.88
2019 DFEI - 0.44

I'm no math wizard but half as good is considering falling off a cliff, right?

Regardless there's no doubt that qualitatively the defense was significantly worse in the pass game this year. 0 sacks in the FIU game, countless atrocious long-yardage 3rd/4th down conversions yielded, giving up big plays downfield late in games when you need a stop. Baker is responsible for making the coverage and pressure calls in those situations and he failed miserably time and time again. What are you even arguing? He did a poor job and it's not defensible.

2018 DFEI - 0.88
2019 DFEI - 0.44

I'm no math wizard but half as good is considering falling off a cliff, right?

Regardless there's no doubt that qualitatively the defense was significantly worse in the pass game this year. 0 sacks in the FIU game, countless atrocious long-yardage 3rd/4th down conversions yielded, giving up big plays downfield late in games when you need a stop. Baker is responsible for making the coverage and pressure calls in those situations and he failed miserably time and time again. What are you even arguing? He did a poor job and it's not defensible.

Forget how the arguement started actually lol...And I could live with Baker being fired. I don't want he or Diaz to be DC. I would like Diaz if he wasn't hc...But him doing both is horrible imo, because he's been a brutal HC so far, and needs to concentrate on that. I want a vet DC that can mesh ideas with manny...We know diaz wants versatility between nickel/striker/viper roles...And we know he likes to blitz. Bring in a DC who sees things his way (like Baker), but has more experience under his belt. Baker has no "purpose" behind his playcalling/strategy, like he guesses at certain times of games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
DFEI ratings:

2019 - 25
2018 - 5
2017 - 15

2019 - 19
2018 - 8

Those defenses had to deal w inept offenses and all the bull**** that brings with it. Hard to be elite when your on short fields 40 minutes a game.

Not that they would’ve been elite, but I think w a top 30 O the D would’ve been much better. Def would’ve been gashed less often.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back