Phins

No he's just ok. That's why I don't get the pick. They coached him at the senior bowl and fell in love.. The Sparano staff used to the same thing, and draft stiffs like Oedrick and Koa Misi.

He had the most catches of any TE (57) in FBS and came in second in yards (685) behind Pitts.
From a production standpoint, he's the best pure TE in the draft (by a country mile).
He was BC's leading receiver and won TE of the week at the senior bowl for Flores' National team.
He's a BC kid, like Flores; hardworking, team first and all that blue collar stuff.
He's a legit 6'5", 256lb plus athlete with soft hands and long strides in open field.
He has a large catch radius and routinely makes difficult catches.
He's got great tools and a solid skill-set to compliment to Gesicki.

Advertisement
Lol you guys f*ckin slay me.

Ted Ginn played 14 years in the NFL, has appeared in 3 Super Bowls, and has earned over $40,000,000.

I don't think he wants to be anyone else on Earth.

Do some of you guys actually watch any football? Or is it all PS4 and message boards?
Ted Ginn never met a sideline he didn't love. Many coaches were enamored with his speed and thought they could make him a number 1 but it never happened.

Great draft.

Chase was my WR1 but really like Waddle. I don’t doubt that he was their WR1 (#2 overall on their board behind Trevor) with how quickly they locked the pick in. Basically got their first choice and extra picks. People that look at it as giving up two first round picks for Waddle are clueless. Waddle seems to be a better fit for the team as is also.

When Chase went off the board, I initially wanted Sewell and then Bateman at 18. But I was pleased with how the draft turned out, especially grabbing Phillips. Huge steal. His concussion history is overblown. UCLA’s policy is conservative. Two reported concussion and you’re done. And he was hit by a car ffs. Phins finally draft a Cane.

Advertisement
UCLA’s policy is conservative. Two reported concussion and you’re done. And he was hit by a car ffs. Phins finally draft a Cane.

See this hasn’t been talked about enough. All I hear is the injury history and that he was shutdown at UCLA for concussions. Had no idea about the details and policy.

All I’m seeing on Twitter is he’s one concussion from retirement. Clearly Miami’s medical didn’t see this as an issue. Also we know UM is quick to shut kids down if there’s a reasonable threat to their health so the fact that they took him and played him says he was cleared.

Stop the run and running the ball are key to winning games, fins can't do either. Yet we have the 2 highest paid CBs and have dedicated 1st 2nd and 3rd round picks in the last 2 drafts. Holland maybe a stud be he wasn't what we need. Freaking horrible distribution of resources.
S was definitely a need. Look at what happened when McCain when down. Holland would still have been the pick even if Javonte fell to 36.

Run game will improve immensely just by adding Waddle and Fuller.

I’m not. Long is an in line guy with a lot of short area production. Perfect guy to pair Gesicki with. Maybe even replace him if he produces.
**** No. Long doesn't have half the talent of Gesicki in the passing game. He may be a better blocker I'm sure but Ill take G every day and twice on Sundays.

Lol you guys f*ckin slay me.

Ted Ginn played 14 years in the NFL, has appeared in 3 Super Bowls, and has earned over $40,000,000.

I don't think he wants to be anyone else on Earth.

Do some of you guys actually watch any football? Or is it all PS4 and message boards?
All that and if I could go back in time to that draft I would hold a gun to Mueller's head so he would draft Revis Island or Patrick Willis and Ginn jr could take him and his family elsewhere. Oh man what could have been. Then we could have taken Steve Smith in the second. I think he's a little better than Ginn LOL

Advertisement
After research most rankings had Long as the #2 TE behind Pitts so yea picking him over Brevin was the correct pick. Now if you are arguing why the Fins took a TE at all there then that's a different conversation. Also, I wonder if we thought we would get Williams before the Broncos traded ahead of us. At least in their mind, Miami was a potential landing spot for him. After Williams went off the board maybe Miami went best available on their board with those day 2 picks. Miami struggled against slot receivers and gave up the most yac in the league last year because of how much we blitzed and not having great DBs after our top 2 guys. Holland covered the slot a ton at Oregon, very well and he's a ballhawk. Phillips helps with the pass rush so maybe we don't have to be as blitz happy to get pressure. As for Waddle vs Smith, I'm not a huge fan of taking WRs that high but I understand why we did it. Overall it was a good draft with the biggest knock being not landing Williams.
Most rankings had Dion Jordan as the best DE to come into the 2013 NFL draft with Kiper saying he was the best DE he's seen in years.

Well we know how that turned out.

He had the most catches of any TE (57) in FBS and came in second in yards (685) behind Pitts.
From a production standpoint, he's the best pure TE in the draft (by a country mile).
He was BC's leading receiver and won TE of the week at the senior bowl for Flores' National team.
He's a BC kid, like Flores; hardworking, team first and all that blue collar stuff.
He's a legit 6'5", 256lb plus athlete with soft hands and long strides in open field.
He has a large catch radius and routinely makes difficult catches.
He's got great tools and a solid skill-set to compliment to Gesicki.
Great points!

But if people think this guy is replacing Gesicki their nuts. He doesn't have the hands or speed Gesicki has.

Not a phin fan but tbh they look like they know what they are doing now and put themselves in a good position to have a good future. So I wouldn't be upset about what they are doing at this moment

Not a phin fan but tbh they look like they know what they are doing now and put themselves in a good position to have a good future. So I wouldn't be upset about what they are doing at this moment
So do you think Flores has basically told Grier this is my ship now so stand behind me now?

Grier has been a disaster in the drafts pre Flores.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back