Phins

Grier is terrible at his job because you think Waddle is just a slot WR? Gotcha.
Hes also is undersized, didn't run a 40 after injury when speed is a huge part of his game, and THERE ARE OTHER SIMILAR PLAYERS ON THE BOARD.

Plus Grier has gotten victimized repeatedly by other GMs this draft.

If you midwits think waddle is worth 2 1st and a 3rd you deserve that ****** product on Sundays.

Advertisement
Lol you guys f*ckin slay me.

Ted Ginn played 14 years in the NFL, has appeared in 3 Super Bowls, and has earned over $40,000,000.

I don't think he wants to be anyone else on Earth.

Do some of you guys actually watch any football? Or is it all PS4 and message boards?
Do you watch any football? If he didn’t run 4.3 he wouldn’t have been in the league for 14 years because he’s got bricks for hands. It’s why the phins never resigned his sucky ***.

Stop the run and running the ball are key to winning games, fins can't do either. Yet we have the 2 highest paid CBs and have dedicated 1st 2nd and 3rd round picks in the last 2 drafts. Holland maybe a stud be he wasn't what we need. Freaking horrible distribution of resources.
*sigh*
The beauty of the Dolphins is we didn't need a lot. We needed to shore up the OL (check), get stronger at DE (check), get Tua weapons (check), and find a way to run the ball (adding Fuller first then Waddle does that as teams can't just stack the box on us anymore...check).

What would you have done?

*sigh*
The beauty of the Dolphins is we didn't need a lot. We needed to shore up the OL (check), get stronger at DE (check), get Tua weapons (check), and find a way to run the ball (adding Fuller first then Waddle does that as teams can't just stack the box on us anymore...check).

Way too much to type.

*sigh*

Solid draft in terms of filling voids and excellent draft in terms of value. First four guys, as Casserly said, were 1st round caliber. You have to take Smith, Waddle, or Sewell at 6. Whether the Fins should’ve moved back up to 6, or traded out of 3 in the first place, are different debates.

Advertisement
As far as RB go I think the Fins didnt get the guy they wanted so they didnt over reach for someone else... i can see them address this next season. They have Malcolm Brown, Gaskin and Ahmed all of whom played well at various times.

The key is to protect Tua and theyve done a good job addressing that.

They added Will Fuller in free agency who can stretch a defense... drafted Waddle who is dangerous with the ball in his hands and drafted Long who I think is a pretty good tight end who catches balls. If the Fins can protect Tua then I can see more double TE sets creating the mismatches they want

Adding these guys I think will help Davante Parker because now teams cant just key in on him and take him away. Giskeki can be a mismatch on linebackers and this will help him as well. Preston Williams is a good wide receiver who missed last season with an injury

Defensively I love the Phillips pick because they needed a solid pass rusher and the kid out of Oregon fits what Flores likes to do... hes a safety but will sneak up to the line and is a good run stopper as well

Last edited:
I wouldnt have minded the Fins going after Dax Milne from BYU in the 7th round that dude caught a ton of balls from Zach Wilson...

Redskins took him 2nd to last

Waddle eerily similar to Ted Ginn. Their good players but NOT #1 WRs. Everyone making the comparison to Tyreek Hill is missing the fact that he has Pat Mahomes n Andy Reid. Waddle wasn't worth the pick considering how deep the position is and his measurables. Moore is just as good of a player and he went in the 2nd.

Btw we gave up 2 1st round picks for him bc we traded back up.
Ginn had no wiggle, Waddle is way more athletic and quick. Dude is an absolute freak athlete and was doing much better than Smith before he got hurt.

Advertisement
After research most rankings had Long as the #2 TE behind Pitts so yea picking him over Brevin was the correct pick. Now if you are arguing why the Fins took a TE at all there then that's a different conversation. Also, I wonder if we thought we would get Williams before the Broncos traded ahead of us. At least in their mind, Miami was a potential landing spot for him. After Williams went off the board maybe Miami went best available on their board with those day 2 picks. Miami struggled against slot receivers and gave up the most yac in the league last year because of how much we blitzed and not having great DBs after our top 2 guys. Holland covered the slot a ton at Oregon, very well and he's a ballhawk. Phillips helps with the pass rush so maybe we don't have to be as blitz happy to get pressure. As for Waddle vs Smith, I'm not a huge fan of taking WRs that high but I understand why we did it. Overall it was a good draft with the biggest knock being not landing Williams.

Oh, the armchair GM's...

Hunter Long by several NFL Scouts and former GM's rated Long the top rated pure TE...exclude Pitts as he's an oversized WR. Some of you don't like it but it was a solid pick for the Dolphins.

As for Waddle, is this a joke with some of you?!?! Waddle's speed and ability to change directions is hands down the #1 player in this draft. And complaining about trading a 1st rd pick...it's called draft capital and knowing who you would want at 6 ~ all options. Dolphins still hold SF's 3rd rd pick in 2022 and 1st rd pick in 2023. That's being **** smart.

Oh, the armchair GM's...

Hunter Long by several NFL Scouts and former GM's rated Long the top rated pure TE...exclude Pitts as he's an oversized WR. Some of you don't like it but it was a solid pick for the Dolphins.

As for Waddle, is this a joke with some of you?!?! Waddle's speed and ability to change directions is hands down the #1 player in this draft. And complaining about trading a 1st rd pick...it's called draft capital and knowing who you would want at 6 ~ all options. Dolphins still hold SF's 3rd rd pick in 2022 and 1st rd pick in 2023. That's being **** smart.
And then you give your take on the situation from your love seat.

Actually, I think they ****ed that 3rd round pick on the floor trading up 8 spots to take a tackle. I have it on good authority that they were shocked when they passed on Jenkins and somebody actually moved up to take him.

Advertisement
Long is good. Waddle is a stud, if you’ve ever seen him play you know he’s a sure thing. I watched that team with the incredible WRs 2 years ago, and when I saw Waddle I said “WTF is that thing?”

idk about the Oregon guy. Oregon sucks and all their players suck in the pros

Oh, the armchair GM's...

The first rounder is non issue for me because we traded down and got 2 first to be begin with. That was a strategic move. We have the Niners first next year and our own and theirs in 2023. Can't complain about that.

Advertisement
A TE that cant block well is just a big WR and a big WR thats not fast is lucky to get drafted at all

will ferrell laughing GIF

Advertisement
Back