NFL Phins/Pats

Curious to see what Flores does with the staff. He has a quick trigger finger. Guessing Jeanpierre is gone. The defensive is really clicking. All the groups are doing well so I’m hoping we have some continuity with the staff on that side.
I don’t think it’s an offensive staff issue. I think it’s a talent issue on O. I never liked the eval of Jackson, never liked their eval at RB, and I never liked their eval of Fuller. The lack of attention given up front bothered me a ton especially when they’re coming from a place that put an emphasis being able to win up front. Grier imo needs less power and more power given to Flores. He knows how to get the best performance out of everything which is usually a sign of a great evaluator.

Advertisement
Must resign Ogbah and Gesicki. We have a number of contracts ending we have to make decisions on.
I’m fine with letting Gesicki go if we get a legit tackle in return. That’s way more important right now compared to resigning him. Ogbah needs to come back though.

They finally benched Jesse Davis. Don’t know how he’s been the starter for so long. Worst OT in the league.
This is the same team that kept ******* the Dallas Thomas chicken for years (different regimes, but still), so not altogether surprising.

Advertisement
I’m fine with letting Gesicki go if we get a legit tackle in return. That’s way more important right now compared to resigning him. Ogbah needs to come back though.
Yeah that’s where we disagree. A TE typically takes about 2 to 3 years to really make an impact. Gesicki is one of the best and now in his prime. The way offenses are now I just personally put more premium on that position.

Coleman, Roberts, Biegel also have contracts up

I don’t think it’s an offensive staff issue. I think it’s a talent issue on O. I never liked the eval of Jackson, never liked their eval at RB, and I never liked their eval of Fuller. The lack of attention given up front bothered me a ton especially when they’re coming from a place that put an emphasis being able to win up front. Grier imo needs less power and more power given to Flores. He knows how to get the best performance out of everything which is usually a sign of a great evaluator.
You are right man. It’s the roster for sure. I had a bad feeling when the OTs came off the board and they picked Jackson. Grier just needs to go. They need to fix the tackle and rb position. I still think they are gonna ride with Tua next year unless they absolutely love Pickett.

Yeah that’s where we disagree. A TE typically takes about 2 to 3 years to really make an impact. Gesicki is one of the best and now in his prime. The way offenses are now I just personally put more premium on that position.

Coleman, Roberts, Biegel also have contracts up
I think you’re undervaluing the TE room as a whole though. Smythe looks like he can be a good TE if given starter reps and we haven’t even seen what Hunter Long can do and Hunter probably has more Thaler than Smythe.

Advertisement
I think you’re undervaluing the TE room as a whole though. Smythe looks like he can be a good TE if given starter reps and we haven’t even seen what Hunter Long can do and Hunter probably has more Thaler than Smythe.
We do have a nice TE room. I was surprised by the Long pick and thought that was insurance if they decide not to sign Gesicki. But I’d rather have my rbs and wrs on rookie contracts. At some point you need some all stars in their prime on the squad. A more sr TE and OL feels like a better use of the cap when I look at how we are built right now. That just my preference.

Advertisement
If we had an offense, this team would win the division. Tua/Godsey/Paperclip/Russian Eggs are trash though.

Advertisement
Omg. I was literally starting to type where the **** has Phillips been all game. Then he goes and recovers a fumble.

Oh I’ve got to disagree with you there my friend. Many a Pats game have I watched the refs let their offense get away with a lot when Brady was there
Well, its not true. It really isnt.

If you think that was bad, you havent watched Rodgers at Lambeau Field and the **** they get away with.

Advertisement
Back