Phillips commits to Miami

Stop posting this. Red shirting has nothing to do with transfers. Per the NCAA rule book, barring a waiver, you must complete one year residency at your new school before on field eligibility. Nothing in there about redshirts counting towards eligibility.
Your right. Looks like ESPN ****ed it up.

Advertisement
Love the signing, welcome to THE U Jaelan! If he can remain healthy he’s going to be a terror on the DL for his 1-2yrs at Miami. Loved his tape, he was all over the field and I believe he will see this as a 2nd lease on his football life with a legit shot at the NFL if the concussion problems are behind him finally. Either or get him in the S&C and let him dominate on the scout team.

Advertisement
Hopefully this lessens the number of questions pertaining to him coming or not. Huge get.
Lessens yes. Eliminates nope. Take the trevon hill thread lol
I wish it would end those though! I agree. Huge get! Stoked!

Advertisement

He has played how much and how consistently over past 2 seasons due to injuries?

If he cant get and stay on field, what exactly is tje benefit of jom occupying a scholie slot?

Have you seen the bodies occupying spots on the roster the past decade? You take a talent like this. Heck we havet been at the 85 number since I can remember.

Advertisement
Long shot I know, but anyone familiar with his retirement? I keep seeing concussion issues but only found the one concussion that ended a season. Are there supposedly more undocumented prior? Hard to think an ankle injury and concussion would lead him to retirement.

Advertisement
If it's true that UCLA no longer has his major, that actually seems like a fairly legitimate cause for a waiver. It's better than some of the other reasons I've heard, but, then again, it is the NCAA and Miami.
Correct. Phillips wants to major in Music and UCLA does not have the degree.

Also, Phillips only played in 4 games this past season so with the new redshirt rules, he technically qualifies for such in 2018. The man has three years of eligibility left. Hopefully UM can put the screws on the NCAA and obtain immediate eligibility for Phillips...bigger issue though is the concussions. It’s back to back seasons and a serious matter.

Advertisement
Back