Phillip Dorsett SI Interview

Advertisement
Two statements stand out for me.

1. "Great team, had a lot of talent, combination of all those things." Holy crab Batman! Great team 6-7, lost 4 straight to end the season........

2. Can you give us a quick scouting report on cornerback Ladarius Gunter?

"He's a big, physical man-press corner. :jordan: He's a guy that's going to compete. He's going to get in your face and pressure you every time. He likes to play physical. :braveheart2: " REally, from his position 15 yards off the LOS? How would anyone know?

I want to vomit.

1. "Great team, had a lot of talent, combination of all those things." Holy crab Batman! Great team 6-7, lost 4 straight to end the season........

"He's a big, physical man-press corner. :jordan: He's a guy that's going to compete. He's going to get in your face and pressure you every time. He likes to play physical. :braveheart2: " REally, from his position 15 yards off the LOS? How would anyone know?

I want to vomit.

Maybe I missed the joke but Gunter at the Senior Bowl was very impressive according to all reports in regards to his man-press coverage and especially his zone coverage ability. I get it that you hate the staff but no need to knock the kid.

I want to vomit.

Maybe I missed the joke but Gunter at the Senior Bowl was very impressive according to all reports in regards to his man-press coverage and especially his zone coverage ability. I get it that you hate the staff but no need to knock the kid.

he's not knocking the kid. he's knocking the misuse of the kid by the staff. Jesus christ. you know the usual of not playing to our kids strengths?

Advertisement

I want to vomit.

Stop acting like a dumb ***.

I want to vomit.

Stop acting like a dumb ***.

LOL. Man the board is tense today I see!

I love the part:

SI: Is there anything specific that you can work out at this point to improve your route-running?

Dorsett: I've always been able to run routes, it's just that I didn't get a chance to run as many at Miami. Going into the Senior Bowl and combine, it was about just showing that I can do it.

Coaching staff is the worst at properly utilizing the talent around them.

Advertisement
Sickening what this staff did to this talent...Ladarius Gunter is a NFL CB.

And will be drafted. The complaint is for? Yeah they misused him but gunter played well here. He is just not a great combine numbers guy..

Dorsett was limited cuz he played for limited coaches

Pretty much.

We ran our offense at a snail's pace even though we had Duke, Dorsett, Walford (all will be picked in 1st 3 rounds) plus a bunch of others. All because we were afraid to have the defense on the field.

Then on offense, we got a guy who had 10 TD in 36 catches, averaged 24 ypc, less then 3 times a game.

Advertisement
My complaint is that with his skill set we should used more bump and run instead of that soft zone coverage.

My complaint is that with his skill set we should used more bump and run instead of that soft zone coverage.

If you read the draft evaluations on him they say "great senior bowl, great measurables, BUT may not have speed and hips to play press man, more of a zone player..."

He also ran athe 2nd slowest time for a CB at the combine.

If you read the draft evaluations on him they say "great senior bowl, great measurables, BUT may not have speed and hips to play press man, more of a zone player..."

He also ran athe 2nd slowest time for a CB at the combine.

Yea it wasn't like Gunter was a 1st round pick... He was decent but limited by his athleticism. Our scheme was the best system for him. Just because he was big doesn't mean he was going to be effective in press. We have to realize wideouts beat the press quite often and some are physical enough to combat it. Gunter didn't possess the athleticism to recover if he was beat. He was decent here. I think if he gets drafted anywhere it's a success. It wasn't like he was going in the first 4 rounds.

Advertisement
If ya'll were true Cane fans you wouldn't read that ******* piece of **** magazine. It's dead to us. It does not exist.

miami-football-cover2.jpg

Let me refresh your memories.

Advertisement
Back