Phil Steele bullish on Miami (560 interview)

Gotta remember what the term "sleeper" means..All he is saying is that most people expect them to suck and only win about 4-5 games this year. He thinks they can stretch that to 8 if they find a QB.
Huh? The preseason polls so far have them ranked in the teens. That's not a 5-7 team. Steele called them one of his "surprise" teams and said they had a chance at the playoff. I think that's unlikely because they'd have to go through Michigan, LSU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Georgia and FSU with only one loss and then beat most likely Alabama or LSU again. But only 4 wins? That would be surprising.

Advertisement
very good interview. just listening to it and his voice inflections about us make his confidence real. really good interview. said acc was best and strongest of the power 5 last year and that sec will probably reclaim it back this year. his comment about we don't need a quarterback to win for us we need him to not lose for us is spot on.
Excellent voice inflection analysis. I was thinking the exact same thing. I was doubting his belief in his own opinion until I noticed that.

I know this has nothing to do with the thread BUT ppl are sleeping on the ACC as a whole.. Just like the SEC the ACC has the same teams representing for them each and every year, schools like Tenn., Ole Miss, Miss St., USC and etc. just get a pass because they are apart of that conference, BUT none of those schools never really doing anything major to contend for a natty (Yes doing the season a few of them might be hyped up), BUT at the end of the day, it's always the same schools getting talked about at the end of the year.. NOW with the ACC, Clemson has cemented itself as a true powerhouse amongst the Power 5 and we have FSU as well that have put themselves amongst the elite, now we have our Canes that if we show out this season can put ourselves in the mix.. And we all know, how that will generate with recruiting and then Miami is a school ppl are talking about as being amongst the elite!! Then we have teams like VT, UNC, Louisville and GT that round out the top of the ACC, just the SEC we have teams that go on spurts and have their moments throughout the season as well!!

I think it's our time now, I think the ACC makes their run at the SEC for rights as the top conference!!

[INSTAGRAM]BVsPEoFBPvX[/INSTAGRAM]
Click the captain edgerrin James posted... it ain't no secret. Perry...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Last edited:
Advertisement
I know this has nothing to do with the thread BUT ppl are sleeping on the ACC as a whole.. Just like the SEC the ACC has the same teams representing for them each and every year, schools like Tenn., Ole Miss, Miss St., USC and etc. just get a pass because they are apart of that conference, BUT none of those schools never really doing anything major to contend for a natty (Yes doing the season a few of them might be hyped up), BUT at the end of the day, it's always the same schools getting talked about at the end of the year.. NOW with the ACC, Clemson has cemented itself as a true powerhouse amongst the Power 5 and we have FSU as well that have put themselves amongst the elite, now we have our Canes that if we show out this season can put ourselves in the mix.. And we all know, how that will generate with recruiting and then Miami is a school ppl are talking about as being amongst the elite!! Then we have teams like VT, UNC, Louisville and GT that round out the top of the ACC, just the SEC we have teams that go on spurts and have their moments throughout the season as well!!

I think it's our time now, I think the ACC makes their run at the SEC for rights as the top conference!!

MIAMI needs to schedule those teams and beat them.

Steele saying UF is a sleeper team is a bit perplexing. Especially his commentary on their QB play.

Gotta remember what the term "sleeper" means..All he is saying is that most people expect them to suck and only win about 4-5 games this year. He thinks they can stretch that to 8 if they find a QB. So in that case yeah they are a sleeper. Its nothing to be proud of if you are a UF fan. Remember we were a "sleeper" for years under Golden! Its the worst thing to be called. Glad those days are over. Glad we are just plain ole a good team and people expect us to win 10 games this year.

Vegas O/U for us is 8.5

Take the Ova!

Gotta remember what the term "sleeper" means..All he is saying is that most people expect them to suck and only win about 4-5 games this year. He thinks they can stretch that to 8 if they find a QB.
Huh? The preseason polls so far have them ranked in the teens. That's not a 5-7 team. Steele called them one of his "surprise" teams and said they had a chance at the playoff. I think that's unlikely because they'd have to go through Michigan, LSU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Georgia and FSU with only one loss and then beat most likely Alabama or LSU again. But only 4 wins? That would be surprising.

If the Lizards go 500, it would be a banner year; but who cares about them?

:crownpour:

Phil knows whats up... we coming. Having an experienced QB is overrated, plenty of teams are gettin it done with a 1st year starter at QB and Miami joining the party.

That's nonsense. Yes, if you have OVERWHELMING talent you can get by with an inexperienced QB(Alabama won last year despite having Jalen Hurts at QB), that happens to be a unique talent, but for the most part, teams that are doing well are doing it with experienced QBs that have put their time in. If you happen to come across a guy that is extremely well prepared, good things can happen, but there aren't a ton of Sam Darnolds walking around.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back