PG Ja’Quan Newton Commits

Advertisement
1.jpeg

Last edited:
Scoop is a nice comparison. Also Jay Williams comes to mind off the top of my head. I love this kids score first mentality and his ability to get to the basket and finish strong along with Palmer who is a solid shooter and a good ball handler/facilitator. They should make a nice backcourt tandem.

Advertisement
From Neumann-Goretti, Catholic school in South Philly. Have won 3 state titles in a row. Maybe the best basketball school in Pennsylvania, if not, top two. Scoop Jardine, Dion Waiters and La Salle's PG Tyreek Duren is also from there.

Will definitely check some games out at some holiday tournaments during winter break and report back.

As if we needed more evidence of what a truly qualified head coach can do. Larranaga is the Pied Piper.

I'm glad its official, I knew this was coming!!! JaQuan is a stud and I can't wait to see him in a Canes uniform. He will thrive in Coach L's system. I have been following him since he was in 8th grade as I have ties to the Philly community and he is one of the best penetrating scoring guards coming out. His one weakness has been an inconsistent outside shoot, however from talking to his high school coaching staff he put a lot of time and work into this part of his game, shooting hundreds of jumpers.

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/54501-Ja-Quan-Newton-Update

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back