PFF Grades for the Freshmen (CCSU)

BS85

D before E
Premium
PFF sucks imo but this is still interesting. Many hot takes are disputed by these numbers (if you buy them). Leonard Taylor had the highest.grade of ANY d-lineman.....for example.

-James Williams graded out as the top defender on the team.

-Thad was the top rated player on the team with a 93, highest I've seen from Miami ever i think.

Advertisement
There is talent in the younger ranks. Season needs to be just good enough for most of them to stay and just bad enough for Diaz to get the boot.
While I agree, never hire a coach based on a recruit or roster. What will be what will be with some of these kids. I hope not but we cannot be afraid to make the right move which is fire Manny and go all in for Mario based on some players or recruits. Mario will make up for it.

Advertisement
There is talent in the younger ranks. Season needs to be just good enough for most of them to stay and just bad enough for Diaz to get the boot.
There’s going to be BLOOD spilled in these games coming up the older experience LMAO have no stomach for smash mouth physical battle and throw in the towel right after opponents score usually second series game is over.

I feel our younger players are agar to play some serious game time , we should continue to play everyone WHY NOT our senior leadership again LMAO are finished WE ALL SEE IT.

Sometimes, they have the weirdest f'in grades. I've rewatched the game and I'd love to know how they reached Brashard Smith's grade. He made some really great plays on even negative yardage. The ball was thrown behind him or off the mark and he still caught it with his hands.

I guess it gives you a general idea of something if you didn't watch the game at all, but cot**** is it sometimes a weird grading system.

Sometimes, they have the weirdest f'in grades. I've rewatched the game and I'd love to know how they reached Brashard Smith's grade. He made some really great plays on even negative yardage. The ball was thrown behind him or off the mark and he still caught it with his hands.

I guess it gives you a general idea of something if you didn't watch the game at all, but cot**** is it sometimes a weird grading system.
Exactly. There always seems to be contradictory grading. I thought the same about Brashard actually. Had a huge play, had the most broken tackles, caught everything, like wtf else was he supposed to do? Maybe his blocking sucked to something.

I read some article about their grading a while back. I’m almost positive you can let a guy run right by you and as long as you don’t attempt to tackle them it doesn’t hurt your grade. To me it doesn’t seem like they factor in a lot of things that matter.

Advertisement
I read some article about their grading a while back. I’m almost positive you can let a guy run right by you and as long as you don’t attempt to tackle them it doesn’t hurt your grade. To me it doesn’t seem like they factor in a lot of things that matter.
This may explain some of our tackling in the UNC game, some guys didn’t want to lower their PFF grade.

ABC06F8F-3156-4ADC-A115-9D91C2C2E0CC.gif

I guess this means we don’t have to STFU about 56 then??

I kid and don’t put a lot of stock in these PFF grades but I do think he played better in his first career game than Ford did in his 600th.

PFF sucks imo but this is still interesting. Many hot takes are disputed by these numbers (if you buy them). Leonard Taylor had the highest.grade of ANY d-lineman.....for example.

-Thad was the top rated player on the team with a 93, highest I've seen from Miami ever i think.

Yes, PFF is bullshiggitty.

Advertisement

That’s about right. I was surprised to see Thad running the ball definitely better than Cody Brown, and he does some things running the ball better than Cam.

Maybe Thad isn’t good with the playbook or pass protection? I don’t know what the coaches are seeing, but I know what I saw yesterday, and Thad looked good (albeit inferior competition)

IMHO, James Williams will be starting next week and for the rest of his UM career. He is already the best safety on the team

That’s about right. I was surprised to see Thad running the ball definitely better than Cody Brown, and he does some things running the ball better than Cam.

Maybe Thad isn’t good with the playbook or pass protection? I don’t know what the coaches are seeing, but I know what I saw yesterday, and Thad looked good (albeit inferior competition)
They're not seeing anything. Everything that would make Thad look good comes in what they've admitted they mainly do in Spring. He may or may not be good, but we wouldn't know if we're not formatively assessing the things that give a big back his competitive advantages.

Advertisement
Negative plays can only be graded so negatively, positive plays can only be graded so positively. PFF is useful for average play and measuring player play counts.

IMHO, James Williams will be starting next week and for the rest of his UM career. He is already the best safety on the team
Hope so, he's very good. Kinchens is also great, and Avantae will be coming back soon too. Hall should be done and Bolden shouldn't start, imo.

That snag was excellent and noticeable even on the negative play

Advertisement
Back