PFF Breaks Down Brevin's Game...aka Sort of Rips Him

The injuries and lack of offense/QB have slowed his development but I’ll stick by my original HS comparison of him as Delanie Walker who was one of the best TEs in the game is his prime.
Perfect comparison! I don't think he blocks as well or is fast as Delanie but they move very similarly.

Advertisement
Perfect comparison! I don't think he blocks as well or is fast as Delanie but they move very similarly.

yea the blocking was something Delanie had to master as a #2 TE behind Vernon Davis in San Fran. Once he signed with the Titans, he really showed he was truly one of the games truly all around TEs. Brevin I think fits that mold and the sizes are practically identical.

I know it’s just a short highlight tape but there’s several examples of him catching the ball with his hands, in traffic, and for a touchdown a few times.

I think a full year of film and not just a few clips will disprove their eval of Brevin

Pitts isn't a tight end he's a glorified WR that hardly blocks
The NFL doesn't seem to value blocking as even a top 3 priority for a TE. Explosion, length, speed, hands, routes... blocking is 6th in the modern offense. It's not like Njoku is the next Mark Bavaro

Advertisement
Agreed. It's why I dismiss our fans who prematurely place him into 1st round conversations. Besides his health, he has some things to clean up before teams start viewing him as a legit prospect.

Our Fans who place him there? There were mock drafts that had Brevin going in the 1st round.

The injuries and lack of offense/QB have slowed his development but I’ll stick by my original HS comparison of him as Delanie Walker who was one of the best TEs in the game is his prime.

That’s a good one. For me Brevin reminds me of Vernon Davis.

Our Fans who place him there? There were mock drafts that had Brevin going in the 1st round.
That was the initial hype that they give to draft eligible players. Once they evaluate players more their mocks change. Look at any mock in the last 3 months and you'd barely see his name in the 1st.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back