PFF Breaks Down Brevin's Game...aka Sort of Rips Him

BS85

D before E
Premium
Curious what everyone thinks of this. PFF ranks Brevin as the third best tight end behind Pitts and Freiermuth but they rip him hard on his lack of ball skills. They say that he body catches way too much and doesn't make catches in traffic. They say he's not close to Pitts or Freiermuth in that department and he's not worthy to be a top 2 round pick next year unless he gets way better with his ball skills.

I don't follow closely enough to know if this is accurate or not and I don't feel like watching a bunch of film but I'm curious if there's merit to this or if PFF is just ****.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think it’s an honest assement of his game and areas he needs to improve on. You kind of exaggerated the stance tho. They didn’t say he has to get way better

“There’s a lot we still want to see from Jordan, as outlined above. Besides getting his weight up, we desperately need to see his ball skills improve to warrant a top-two round grade from us. While athleticism is a prerequisite at tight end nowadays, and Jordan certainly has that, it will only get you so far.”

They want to see his ball skills improve and get his weight up. I don’t think the weight part is a major concern.

Advertisement
If he is/stays healthy in this offense he'll have a lot of tape showing everything he can and cannot do.

Agreed. It's why I dismiss our fans who prematurely place him into 1st round conversations. Besides his health, he has some things to clean up before teams start viewing him as a legit prospect.

I think it’s an honest assement of his game and areas he needs to improve on. You kind of exaggerated the stance tho. They didn’t say he has to get way better

“There’s a lot we still want to see from Jordan, as outlined above. Besides getting his weight up, we desperately need to see his ball skills improve to warrant a top-two round grade from us. While athleticism is a prerequisite at tight end nowadays, and Jordan certainly has that, it will only get you so far.”

They want to see his ball skills improve and get his weight up. I don’t think the weight part is a major concern.
I exaggerated a bit for clicks, pulled a 247, I can't deny that.

However, I meant that they definitely rip his ball skills but they imply that's holding him back a lot overall so I disagree with you somewhat. Obviously, they think he's pretty good but I just hadn't heard that about him before. I'm actually more curious if PFF is actually worth listening to, I read a lot for their analysis and grades and I often don't agree but I also don't spend time researching this stuff.

Advertisement
Where's the box that measures how much dog Brevin has in him?

If that kid isn’t a top NFL prospect then I’ve never seen one.
"Dog" doesn't determine a top prospect unfortunately. Besides Jaquan, Bandy had the most "dog" out of all of our players and he went undrafted.

Stay healthy and put in work. Also being in an offense that is updated, wideopen and modern will also help him show his skills. Still a young athlete, everyone has things to improve on..

Better QB + Better OC & play caller = Better Brevin.

You can't really judge any offensive player from last season at face value without taking into account that they played in the Enox Central Michigan experiment with a half a ****** QB.

The same way how players who looked bad & were unproductive with D'No immediately flipped a switched & were whole worlds better in every category under Diaz when he came in as DC.

Advertisement
He’s probably a day 2 or early day 3 guy. That said, he’s going to put up bonkers numbers in this offense.

Better QB + Better OC & play caller = Better Brevin.

You can't really judge any offensive player from last season at face value without taking into account that they played in the Enox Central Michigan experiment with a half a ****** QB.

The same way how players who looked bad & were unproductive with D'No immediately flipped a switched & were whole worlds better in every category under Diaz when he came in as DC.

Dan Enos threw to his best skill player (Jordan) 3 times vs GT and I believe 2 were in OT. Guy sucked balls. They had no one to cover him and Enos just ignored him.

Lashlee's sort talented H transfer from Rice caught 9 TD's last year while sharing receptions with Proche, Roberson and Rice + 2000 yards rushing and 30 TD's from the RB's.

Jordan, like any player, has to keep improving. But dude is an elite talent that's injured too often and hasn't been used right in two seasons. King + Lashlee + a hopefully injury free season = top 1-2 rounds. S&C program needs to do him right and the H's coach / OC needs to limit his practice reps to keep him healthy.

I don’t think brevin is TE3, he’s probably 2. And all he really needs to do is stay healthy and keep showing progress as a blocker. He’s already a willing blocker and when he gets its right he’s pretty **** good. Consistency there will solidify him for me. Idk what they mean by his ball skills. Dude is a running back, wide receiver and tight end lol

Advertisement
The injuries and lack of offense/QB have slowed his development but I’ll stick by my original HS comparison of him as Delanie Walker who was one of the best TEs in the game is his prime.

Advertisement
Back