Peter - Jimbo Fisher Headed To Texas?

Gary Patterson, why?

He's very popular/respected throughout the coaching ranks in Texas... Boosters wanted him badly a few years back.

Did you see his track record once they moved conferences? I think Paterson will need to prove himself again based on the numbers below

2012: 7-6 (4-5)
2013: 4-8 (2-7)

Remember this guy is at the same program the whole time, I understand that the conference competition is much harder but to win only 6 games in 2 years...not saying much. If he were a stock, I would hold/sell on Gary Patterson.

Advertisement
Highly doubt Shaw leaves a school he's been at most of his life for another program. If he leaves it will be to the NFL imo

Highly doubt Shaw leaves a school he's been at most of his life for another program. If he leaves it will be to the NFL imo

It depends. Let's say he makes $2.5 M at Stanford. If Texas doubles his salary, it may be difficult to turn down. He would be trading job security and what he knows/loves for more money in Texas.

As for the NFL, that is a different story all together.

I see the following guys on the NFL's radar (For HC): Jimbo Fisher, Gus Malzahn, David Shaw and Art Briles

I would be floored if UT goes after Shaw. ESPN had an article about Mack's situation and a little tucked away mention in there if Harbaugh being a target. I could see that.

I would be floored if UT goes after Shaw. ESPN had an article about Mack's situation and a little tucked away mention in there if Harbaugh being a target. I could see that.

thats something that herb said on mike and mike, that is way out there i dont think he would leave a winning nfl team for college, but like i said its texas and they would pay more for whoever they want

Advertisement
Austin is a very nice big city with lots to do, on the other hand Tallahassee frankly is not very nice and not much to do there. FSU wouldn't have given Fisher a raise unless they feared him leaving.

thats something that herb said on mike and mike, that is way out there i dont think he would leave a winning nfl team for college, but like i said its texas and they would pay more for whoever they want

Have a hard time seeing him leave too. Seems more like an NFL guy to me. But UT and Austin - for more money - I tell my agent to at least take the call.

Have a hard time seeing him leave too. Seems more like an NFL guy to me. But UT and Austin - for more money - I tell my agent to at least take the call.

Its texas one of the if not the biggest institution money wise in the US, anything is possible with them

Advertisement
There is a Harbaugh rumor? Why would he leave a great pro job to go back to college?

For how great, special, amazing, elite, etc this job is why have they not owned CFB? Brown rode VY to one title and before him I don't think they were any good with the other coach.

There is a Harbaugh rumor? Why would he leave a great pro job to go back to college?

For how great, special, amazing, elite, etc this job is why have they not owned CFB? Brown rode VY to one title and before him I don't think they were any good with the other coach.

ESPN article on Mack Brown mentioned it near the bottom. Seemed out of context but it was ESPN.

Just read that Washington is paying close to 4 million to Petersen (more with incentives)...CFB is getting pretty ridiculous with salaries.

These State Schools are throwing serious cash around for head coaches and their assistants.

Advertisement
Austin is a very nice big city with lots to do, on the other hand Tallahassee frankly is not very nice and not much to do there. FSU wouldn't have given Fisher a raise unless they feared him leaving.

You get raises for performing. They went from barely bowl eligible to playing in the BCSCG under him. He got a raise last year also I think.

NOBODY could match TX. I think that is a foregone conclusion. So if you turn down TX it aint because of the money. With that said, Fisher would be an idiot to leave THIS YEAR. He has a chance to go back to back (if they win this year) with Winston coming back and IF most of the juniors stick around. (Benjamin is def gone. Buddy has to be 22 by now and has kids. Plus his stock is pretty high. Greene is 50-50. The others I think stay)

Now if this was "Post-Winston" I would take off. He will never be as hot as he is at that point. And he will spend the rest of his days chasing the next "jameis winston".

But the TX job doesn't open very often. Mack Brown has been there for 16 years. Jimbo might never get another chance to get the pinnacle job in all of college football and perhaps even including the NFL. He can't afford to wait if he wants to ever jump.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read Jassid's quote. Assuming it is even true, he may not get another opportunity for the top job in college football.

Oh, and it doesn't matter what is going to happen next year with FSU. You don't make a long term, career decision based upon what might happen on the field next season. An injury, an arrest, just about anything can throw that off. No one is going to offer more cash than Texas and he might not be in a better spot than now to grab it. After next year, Winston leaves and maybe there is a drop-off and, suddenly, he's not so hot a commodity. You buy low and sell high and it couldn't line up much better for Jimbo than Texas opening up its wallet in a season where FSU has looked dominant. Assuming any of this is true, I think Jimbo would be nuts not to seriously look into it.

That said, it isn't necessarily Jimbo that I think we'd want to see move on. It is Jeremy Pruitt and Jameis Winston. Jimbo's going to get his in recruiting, but he was always good to lay an egg and drop a game or two--before this season. To me, there are two key differences this year and they are identifiable.

Advertisement
never been to tally but can tell you austin is a great city.

I've been to Tally and can tell you that it is NOT a great city

Do you have children?
Tallahassee is a great town (city is a stretch) for families. Good schools. Not far from beach

For a young single person though it would definitely suck

That said, I'm guessing Jimbo stays at FSU
Malzahn could bolt

Is Pinkel off the board for some reason?

Funny snippet from CBS Sports article on the UT situation:

"What Saban can do is go to Alabama athletics director Bill Battle and tell him Texas is on Line 1, but he won't answer it in exchange for another raise or another statue or lower admissions standards for five recruits a year."

Wouldn't that be nice.

I think Jimbo would leave because he was supposed to be "the guy" at Texas so he was always interested and he's brought FSU back so he's done his job but he'll never be better then Bowden so I think thats a problem for him

Bobby found out what happens when you stay forever, they fire your rear anyway. Brown is finding that out as we speak. Jimbo would be fool to turn down UT, unless he has NFL dreams. Tally is a nice town. Austin heck of a city. FSU is third best football school in FL. UT is the best football school in Texas. Our kids live for football in Florida. The whole flippping state lives for football in TX.

Had to laugh about this dumb comment FSU is the 3rd best football school in Florida. As much as I hate to say it, FSU owns this state right now. Do you realistically us beating them in the next 4 - 5 years with Fisher still there. I surely do not. And if they win the championship this year, it will get even worse.

FSU would not match TX. I promise you. That said, don't think he leaves and have no clue re the buy out terms under his new agreement.

FSU CAN'T match UT. Heck, Bama can't offer Saban what Texas is supposedly throwing at them.

Advertisement
Back