Pete, Three Stripe Camp?

Canes1968

Sophomore
There is a big satellite camp today (in Macon, GA I believe), with pretty much all of the Adidas schools participating, except Miami. Do you have any idea why we aren't participating? I assume we chose not to for some reason.

I thought I heard that we were going to be participating in some big Adidas camp this Summer. Is that still happening and when is it?

Thanks!

Advertisement
Why would we go to Macon (a **** hole BTW), when we're having arguably the best camp in the country on our own campus?

****, Pete's even said the alumni list for this year is even more than last year.

Advertisement
Why would we go to Macon (a **** hole BTW), when we're having arguably the best camp in the country on our own campus?

****, Pete's even said the alumni list for this year is even more than last year.

From what I hear, Georgia has quite a lot of talented football players.

Paradise Camp

Yeah, I know about our own Paradise Camp, but weren't we supposed to participate in some big Adidas showcase camp with the other Adidas schools? Did we decide not to do that for some reason?

They were never slated to go to that camp.

Okay thanks. I thought I heard we were participating in some Adidas showcase camp with a bunch of other Adidas schools, but I must have misread.

Paradise Camp

Yeah, I know about our own Paradise Camp, but weren't we supposed to participate in some big Adidas showcase camp with the other Adidas schools? Did we decide not to do that for some reason?

They were never slated to go to that camp.

Okay thanks. I thought I heard we were participating in some Adidas showcase camp with a bunch of other Adidas schools, but I must have misread.

What else have you heard?

Advertisement
that's the camp at Mercer. Maybe were not hitting the metro atl-macon area this recruiting cycle so it doesn't make sense. Not going to lie Fau's camp is usually good...as they usually do camp in pads.

Advertisement
We will be at FAU's camp though

No they won't

FAU to host number of high-profile coaches at football camp - ABC News

This article says that Miami will be in attendance. Was this just false from the get go, or did we back out?

Edit: There is a whole Adidas Showcase series for Adidas sponsored schools with camps at aTm, UTSA, Mercer, FAU, and FIU. Why would we choose not to participate in these camps? Especially the aTm and UTSA camps? Has the staff just said "no" to satellite camps altogether?

Last edited:
DAN6U_uVwAA5xvC.jpg

Obviously things could have changed, but this is why I made the comment.

View attachment 45902

Per Ivins, Miami will not be participating despite the previous marketing about the camp. Ivins says Richt doesn't want to play the satellite camp game, and he prefers to get kids on campus rather than fly his staff all over the country. I suppose if 90% of your class is coming from within driving distance and you're only cherry picking kids from other parts of the country then, this strategy probably makes sense. Personally, I'd at least send a couple guys to some of these.

Advertisement
View attachment 45902

Per Ivins, Miami will not be participating despite the previous marketing about the camp. Ivins says Richt doesn't want to play the satellite camp game, and he prefers to get kids on campus rather than fly his staff all over the country. I suppose if 90% of your class is coming from within driving distance and you're only cherry picking kids from other parts of the country then, this strategy probably makes sense. Personally, I'd at least send a couple guys to some of these.

Yeah I was wondering. But I would rather them have kids on our campus.

Advertisement
Back