Pete, quick question regarding Alex Collins.

Winky is Wright

Junior
Banned
Do you have any sources following the recruitment of Altee Tenpenny? I remember watching Recruiting Nation and they mentioned a few of their sources claimed Bielemma's number one goal upon getting on campus was to flip Tenpenny from the Tide. Since then, Tenpenny has taken his visit to Arkansas, and it seems Alabama is going hard after Alvin Kamara (when they already had 3 ESPN 150 RB's committed)

1) Any update on Tenpenny's interest in Arkansas?

2) I know Alex Collins has said multiple times that he's not afraid of competition, but Tenpenny flipping could only help us correct?

Appreciate all the hard work

Advertisement
I'm not buying the ARK stuff for a minute.

Has a SFLA kid ever gone to ARK?

You think we had it bad when Golden got here? ARK has nothing on their roster now.

They won 4 games last year. Their school sucks academically (#144 overall vs. Miami at #44).

I think he is all Miami and all this other stuff is BS drama.

Saw an article where Tenpenny said even after the Arkansas visit he was still 100% Alabama, so unless Saban pushes him out of the class, he won't be going to Arkansas.

Advertisement
"North Little Rock running back Altee Tenpenny said he enjoyed hanging out with his two hosts,
cornerback Tevin Mitchel and offensive lineman Cordale Boyd," wrote the Democrat-Gazette's Richard Davenport.
"He said the players told him the same as others and to be a Hog and stay in-state.
He wants to go back home and talk to his parents and see how they liked the trip.
He said the staff seemed down-to-earth and were hungry to win. He'll make his final decision on signing day."

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ee-tenpenny-arkansas-football-recruiting-2013

Collins' coach has done more interviews than him. he is eating this **** up. Why do you think he was ****ed Collins committed so early? Took away his chance to put his fat sloppy *** all over tv and interwebz doing interviews

Just checked Alabama's Roster

They have 5 RB's coming back (3 of which are Frosh)
3 currently committed (4 if they land Kamara on signing day)
Scarborough already committed for 2014

I know Saban always over signs, but that backfield is ridiculously crowded

Collins' coach has done more interviews than him. he is eating this **** up. Why do you think he was ****ed Collins committed so early? Took away his chance to put his fat sloppy *** all over tv and interwebz doing interviews

Starting to side with you. Coach seems to be leading him in circles. From the manny interview seems like a guy that likes to here his self talk. There are a lot of coaches that help kids decide each year and do a good job of it. This guy sounds like he helps more than hurts IMO. It is like he clouds the waters and not just Mia way.

Advertisement
Just checked Alabama's Roster

They have 5 RB's coming back (3 of which are Frosh)
3 currently committed (4 if they land Kamara on signing day)
Scarborough already committed for 2014

I know Saban always over signs, but that backfield is ridiculously crowded

He'll red or gray shirt one. Oh, & if one kid gets hurt, Saban will pull his scholly. Not to worry...old slick Nick will handle their backfield nicely. (insert sarcasm. He's a jerk.)

Why do we find it necessary to bad mouth other coaches and other teams?!? Lets get back to talking Canes football and recruiting.

I still give him credit he does help kids to camps and thingss like that. much respect to him for that

Advertisement
well, everyone is insistent that arkansas is still very much in play for collins... personally i would be concerned, he seems to have a strong relationship with whoever came over from wisconsin. also they can offer something major -- playing in the SEC -- that miami can't. downplay this at your own risk, imo.

Advertisement
I have to guess coach gatewood (from plantation high not south plantation) and Charlie partridge coach now at Arkansas from Wisconsin ( who I played ball with at plantation high) is your connection for Collins.

well, everyone is insistent that arkansas is still very much in play for collins... personally i would be concerned, he seems to have a strong relationship with whoever came over from wisconsin. also they can offer something major -- playing in the SEC -- that miami can't. downplay this at your own risk, imo.

But Miami can offer something even bigger that Arkansas can't... A FUTURE!

Advertisement
Back